Anyone tried building a commercial kitchen at home?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife keeps telling me I'm not allowed to renovate our basement into a giant kitchen

Here is our 36” Capital Culinarian propane range, and 2,000cfm vent hood. I have not grilled or deep fried outside in 6 years. That vent is awesome! It’s the one item I suggest splurging on, even more than the stove itself. I researched and fondled Capital, BlueStar, Wolf, and many others for months before deciding. The grill was a primary factor. BS currently has a nice grill, but didn’t at the time. We have a Breville SmartOven Pro for primary oven duty.

My cooking doesn’t justify any of it...yet, lol. I’m hoping to learn more here from you guys. AE16465B-3AA7-4306-98F3-50736379384D.jpeg50B28150-02F7-4CFE-BF8F-C5E6B4BE225B.jpeg

Nice build. So your vent sits within the brick enclosure?
How do you maintain/clean the hood?

Nice build. So your vent sits within the brick enclosure?
How do you maintain/clean the hood?

Thanks, yes, the vent is 46” wide and the brick it set right up against it. This particular model was specifically designed to be built around, not stand alone. Sprayed expanding foam up in the small cracks to make sure it sealed well. There are 3 removable, dishwasher safe inserts.

Those open burners put out some serious heat. Gets the cast iron screamin’ hot, and the wok grate works well.

A friend built the cabinets and has some better pics... Casa Casanova - Rustic - Kitchen - New Orleans - by Milltown Cabinets, LLC. | Houzz NZ

Here are some shots from a few years ago. The Viking wok burner is to the left of the Aga stove -- which is no longer there, we're converting to a standard gas stove for eventually selling the home. That thing was great to cook on, and was perfect for a Victorian house, but ate too much propane.

The stainless commercial sink is at the far left of the bottom photo, kinda hard to see and I don't have a separate shot of that with the Hobart dishwasher.

The two lower cabinet drawers just to the right of the refrigerator are Sub-Zero pull-out refrigerators, which let us use a narrower main fridge without giving up the refrigerator space we wanted. And the Falk copper pots are used all the time, they're not decoration.

View attachment 80816

Fantastic setup!!! Can you comment a bit on the AGA stove? I am buying a house and I a considering AGA (a more moderne total or dual control). But it looks like you have to adap the way of cooking comapre to regular burner and ovens.

Back