• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Ashi honyaki gyutos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brooksie967

No more Ashi
Reaction score
$6000usd SPF

240x55 custom handle ashi honyaki gyuto. Specs were custom and handle was done in house by ashi.

$4000usd SOLD

240x45 gyuto from Ashi's first ever run of honyaki verified by Ashi and Horiba San to be over 30 years old.

Payment via wise and we can discuss terms of and split the cost of shipping. Prefer CAD equivalent of stated prices as PayPal has their own rates.

Pics/videos are available on my IG DM me here or there for info.

Last edited:
Given the number of Ashi's you own, it would be good to link to the specific knives on IG that are being offered.

IMG_20220521_170539.jpg
IMG_20220521_170536.jpg
IMG_20220521_170533.jpg
IMG_20220521_170512.jpg
IMG_20220521_170242.jpg
IMG_20220521_170239.jpg
IMG_20220521_170235.jpg

I am just curious, what makes you sell these 2 instead of the 2 longer ones?
The stag handle honyaki is probably the most beautiful among those in my opinion; really I'd have to give a look in person though. 😉

I am just curious, what makes you sell these 2 instead of the 2 longer ones?
The stag handle honyaki is probably the most beautiful among those in my opinion; really I'd have to give a look in person though. 😉

I actually sold the 270 last year/two years ago after someone presented an offer (knife wasn't listed for sale) and it was too good to be true.

The 300 was my first honyaki ever and has seen 2 rounds of manual thinning on stones and I did it all myself. I typically reach for 270 gyutos and the 240s were sitting around unused.

Long story short is that I originally had 4 of these (one for me and one for each of my boys) but did some reflecting and thinking and decided that they would get more out of a vacation than a piece of steel and wood when they leave the house as young adults. My oldest is turning 11 this year and has never been on a vacation other than when his grandparents retired and took the family to Disney . As a single income household and military member with a gigantic mortgage and an even bigger one about to be acquired due to a forced posting I decided to try and sell these to take my wife and kids on a trip.

I actually sold the 270 last year/two years ago after someone presented an offer (knife wasn't listed for sale) and it was too good to be true.

The 300 was my first honyaki ever and has seen 2 rounds of manual thinning on stones and I did it all myself. I typically reach for 270 gyutos and the 240s were sitting around unused.

Long story short is that I originally had 4 of these (one for me and one for each of my boys) but did some reflecting and thinking and decided that they would get more out of a vacation than a piece of steel and wood when they leave the house as young adults. My oldest is turning 11 this year and has never been on a vacation other than when his grandparents retired and took the family to Disney . As a single income household and military member with a gigantic mortgage and an even bigger one about to be acquired due to a forced posting I decided to try and sell these to take my wife and kids on a trip.
Those are some ground solid thoughts.
All the best to you and your family!!

Those are some ground solid thoughts.
All the best to you and your family!!
With house prices in the Vancouver area getting close to the 1mil mark for a 4 bedroom townhouse there's no chance of me being able to afford a trip any other way! Really hoping to be able to surprise the fam! And I'll still have one ashi for my filthy hands!

Last edited:

That is beautiful.

You are right... a shared experience where everyone is relaxed and happy is priceless. Same with having a secure roof over your head. Pity you can't hold on to the honyaki but in the grand scheme of things... stuff is just 'stuff'...

Good luck!!

I was in the same place on my Ashi Honyaki. These will no doubt find a welcome home. I couldn't bring myself to use mine, and watching it sit there in a small rented apartment, felt like taping over $5000 to the wall and staring at it once in a while.

Had an amazing night with my wife and the buyer/buyers boyfriend in Toronto! We went out for wine and great Italian food and ended up spending 5 hours chatting and laughing!

Congratulations 🎉.... that is a fantastic way to make a sale - much more intimate and personal!

May the new custodian cherish it... and I hope you enjoy the breathing room the extra money will provide!

Last edited:
Congratulations 🎉.... that is a fantastic way to make a sale - much more intimate and personal!

May the new custodian cherish it... and I hope you enjoy the breathing room the extra money will provide!
It was a great experience for sure! Buyers boyfriend was wearing a FP Journe chronometre souverain platinum and was gracious enough to offer to let me try it on and subsequently wear it over dinner - absolutely incredible!

Willing to talk and work something out for the custom (knife plus cash or something but EOD cash is what I'm after!)

Thank you for your service to your country brother and congrats on finding clarity in your priorities early enough to truly matter. All my best GLWS.

It was a great experience for sure! Buyers boyfriend was wearing a FP Journe chronometre souverain platinum and was gracious enough to offer to let me try it on and subsequently wear it over dinner - absolutely incredible!

Willing to talk and work something out for the custom (knife plus cash or something but EOD cash is what I'm after!)

Wow! Story only gets better - FP Journe thrown in as well! Journe CS is a signature watch and the wait time currently is 25 years! I went to their boutique in Geneva 2 weeks ago. The sales lady said they make 7 of those a year, and the order list is 200!

What a sale! What an evening 😍

Wow! Story only gets better - FP Journe thrown in as well! Journe CS is a signature watch and the wait time currently is 25 years! I went to their boutique in Geneva 2 weeks ago. The sales lady said they make 7 of those a year, and the order list is 200!

What a sale! What an evening 😍
Was a very cool experience!!! Honestly though I wish I had met these people earlier in life - truly fantastic and so many common interests!

Back