• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Benjamin @kamon_Knives Gyuto 250X57

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparten007

It’s all about the man behind the forge….
Banned
Reaction score
This is bloody rough for having the courage of letting go of a Kamon’s blade, but on the bright side 3 customs are lined up so it helps numbing the pain. He is on my top 3 list of makers and I have tried over 60+ makers. (Only personal preference from the first impression and how they feel, putting an instant smile on my face is a plus and a sure sign 😀)

Let’s cut through the rubbish and talk blade:

This is the 1st production series which performs 100% identical to my other custom blades from Sir. Benjamin with the exception of handle construction not being removable and actually it feels quite perfect. Benjamin’s legendary heat treatment and grind is definitely evident in this blade.

Size:
250x57 mm

Weight:
232gr

Discoloration of the black in the hollow grind section is just how these came out to be and it’s not because of aggressive use to exposure to any other harsh chemicals.

Used this blade several times on meat and veggies with a ton of pleasure, honed on leather and never sharpened (did not really need it). This blade has a bit of patina which can be removed at the request of the buyer.

Selling for a price to justifying letting go of it @ $1050 “Global Shipment is INCLUDED”

Also open to trade with:
Xerxes (plus cash necessary)
Yanick
Another flavor of Kamon (plus cash if necessary)

Here are some pictures & video:

D4502289-ACDE-437D-B164-8D6953AFAECE.jpeg
69C27820-0EE3-4D95-A95E-7C053F946685.jpeg
940E5AEF-6AD3-4B81-8879-7780569EDADD.jpeg
16855F2D-A5C8-440F-B1C3-3F8FD43A9321.jpeg

Mod Post:

Ladys and Gentlemen - mod team had about enough. This is the last chance for this thread and anyone who wants to post in this thread. Any question that is not directly pertinent to the condition or technical parameters of this particular knife will be rewarded with a BST vacation.

If anyone has an urge to discuss other aspects of this knife, please feel free to start a discussion in a a thread outside the BST or use that good old thread that was once created by our Swedish knifemaking friend.

Back