Best kitchen torch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbadwolfen

Reaction score
Okey so ive been lookning around for a new torch and ofcourse i want the best avaliable. After some reaserch i ended up with the bernzomatic TS8000+searzall. My question noe is, is there any better torches out there? Not counting value for money but pure performance? Weed burners not included ;) only requirement is that it needs to be protable/hand held and possible to use in a home kitchen.

My Iwatani is the only torch I've owned, so I can't make any comparisons, but it has served me well and I like it.

bernzomatic ts8000 is the best... searzall makes it even better... way nicer than the iwatani

bernzomatic ts8000 is the best... searzall makes it even better... way nicer than the iwatani

+1

It's a portable mini salamander. It does take some time though, so if you have a lot to sear, you need to make sure you have a place to keep things warm.

..and careful of the smoke alarm if you use it indoors!

A Burton has severed me well for a few years. Quality of fuel can make a big difference in performance. If I ever have to replace it I'll go Benzo.

Okey, looks like choose the right package then, even though is a bit over kill for me but hey, who doesn't like over kill? ;)

Searing polenta:

72 hour short ribs, sous vide carrots w/ajwain, seared polenta:

Back