• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Bloodroot Blades - Chef's Knife for my 40th Bday

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jroos

Reaction score
Hello, I am interested in buying a Bloodroot Blade in advance of my 40th Bday. I have been saving and saving and am ready to purchase. Looking for large Chef's knife. Please message me and thank you for your time and consideration.

The HomeButcher just listed a Bloodroot 52100 240mm Kiritsuke a few mins ago. $750

I would consider anything 8" and up, other than the octagonal handle. When I'm prepping out soups in the winter I do not find that handle comfortable.
What grip type are you using. I didn't see this particular knife, but the bloodroot I used to have had one of the most comfortable octagonal handles in pinch grip I've tried. If you are using hammer/racket grip then I can see how octagonal handles might not be comfortable.

What grip type are you using. I didn't see this particular knife, but the bloodroot I used to have had one of the most comfortable octagonal handles in pinch grip I've tried. If you are using hammer/racket grip then I can see how octagonal handles might not be comfortable.

I am using more of a pinch grip and the octagonal handle isn't as comfortable for me as a classic style handle on a gyuto.

Hard to believe ... the big 40 was over 30 years ago for me. Had some health problems but I can honestly say the last 30 has been better than the first 40. Kids grew up and became real people, mortgages got paid off, income went up, stopped fighting the world and relaxed and enjoyed life more. Congrats brother ... your best years are in front of you. Enjoy!

Back