Brazilian maker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering... Anyone know the work of a Brazilian maker? I've searched on internet and have found nice work from Eduardo Berardo (berardofacascustom) and João Batista (JBfacas), but I don't know anything about the real quality of their work. Any tought?
Thank you

at a glance both makers look good. Both seem to like full bolsters which I'm not a fan of but each seems to offer no bolster as well. JBfacas knives in particular have a very unique conquistadorian feel to them which is nice to see. So, unless their heat treat is crap I'd go for it.

In my limited exposure to international makers, I can't say that I'm aware for throes you've mentioned. One of the most intense knives I've ever seen was made my Rodrigo Sfreddo M.S. of Brazil and is owned by a member here. The horizontal tang is something very unique
Just arrived:

An integral Persian chef knife crafted by Rodrigo Sfreddo (MS).

The damascus composite pattern is called "Interrupted Twist".(125Cr1, 15N20).
With desert Ironwood handle, a horizontal tang and a split rear end.

Overall length is 400mm (15.75").
Weight is 448g.
The edge measures 265mm (10.43"). It is 46.5mm (1.83") high at the heel.
The spine is 5.49mm at the heel and 1.05mm at the tip.

jessf: yes, in the pictures they are very nice knives. The real question is: is the HT as nice?

aboynamedsuita: Nice knife!!! Never saw an horizontal tango before. By the way... nice memory.

Eduardo's knives are a good example of doing what it takes to get everything just right.
Within the custom knife community (non kitchen) he is thought of very highly.
He is always very friendly and polite in his communications.

Back