• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Calling all older Yoshikane

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot

Reaction score
Hi all,

Very interested in the old Tamamoku (White or V2) or some of the stuff JNS used to get specifically, but love to hear what older Yoshi ya got gathering dust.

Got some good stuff to trade and also happy to purchase.

Thanks!

I'm over extended on getting people details, FYI, but I think I have a nice Zensho Yoshikane wa-honesuki somewhere. Let me know if you're interested and I'll look for it.
My poultry breaking days are pretty much done plus I have a shig and carbon heiji honesuki, mune butcher, slicer, Harner.... The V2 is sweet though, I wouldn't consider letting it go if it were a gyuto or suji.

I've also got a Yoshi V2 Honesuki from JNS. Not looking to part with mine but if you can talk Lumo out of one, you'll have done good.

Been awhile but I thought the "Zensho" knives were all stainless clad carbon (white?)?

I've also got a Yoshi V2 Honesuki from JNS. Not looking to part with mine but if you can talk Lumo out of one, you'll have done good.

Been awhile but I thought the "Zensho" knives were all stainless clad carbon (white?)?

Honestly not sure. There’s a lot of older Yoshi that’s in White 2 for sure. The stuff Maksim had is one example, but really after all Yoshikane that’s a bit older.

i want the old one from the same line but kasumi and iron clad white core. these are hard to find.

Just a huge fan of the shop so trying to track down anything I can. Far from unicorn price, but just good ass knives.

I have a "Zensho" 210 Gyuto that is stainless clad carbon. Like, and it's the only 210 of mine that's a keeper. Had a 240 Western "Zensho" that was also stainless/carbon that got lost when loaning it. I would give Panda's left nut to have that knife back:cool:

There were Zensho in SKD and SLD clad stainless too. I have the 240 Zensho SKD migaki. The endgame of gyutos for me, think I bought it in 2011. I also had a Tamomoku in V2 for a time. Shouldn't have let that go really.

There were Zensho in SKD and SLD clad stainless too. I have the 240 Zensho SKD migaki. The endgame of gyutos for me, think I bought it in 2011. I also had a Tamomoku in V2 for a time. Shouldn't have let that go really*

*If you are seasoned enough to remember that Yoshi double bevels are actually better than Shigs, you understand.

I bought one of the last Zensho SLD 270 suji from Maksim (the first knife I got after joining KKF) - and sold it s couple of months later as I got to realize that what I need is a gyuto. It was a very well made knife and considerably different from the standard SLD Yoshikane series.

Raising this back up.
Interested in gyuto, yanagi and Usuba)

Have killer stuff to trade including Shigefusa Kitaeji gyuto and Sukenari Honyaki Suji. Also more price appropriate stuff :)

F0F88E0A-177A-4D59-8F0D-60EE49F1F937.jpeg

Not sure who the maker is but pretty sure they are early zensho, 120 petty and 240 gyuto from. Maksim, around 2011/2012. Gyuto is pretty mint, petty well used. Chiseled kanji. Not sure what the core steel is, would guess w1 or2, they get screaming sharp.

Back