Canned Whole Chicken

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, here I go again . . .
I actually watched that episode of Chopped, and, while disgusted, held my lunch.
Tonight I turned on my TV and landed on a Piers Morgan, interviewing a guy named Joel Osteen and his Barbie wife. I barfed.
I've seen Morgan before; kind of sad. But next to this clown Osteen, he looked like a journalistic giant.
Apparently, many people actually embrace this kind of insanity.
Kind of chicken-in-the-can religion.

Damn, left out again, Amazon doesn't ship food to Hawaii.

Stefan

Fear not! You still have plenty of.....

hawaii-spam.jpg

There are "collector's editions" of Spam?

Jeeze really, who collects Spam?

James

People who can't afford nice cuts of beef. A lot of them in our neighborhood . .

Hell, last I checked a can of spam costs more than a cheap steak.

That chicken is peculiar. Looks like something one of my grandmas would have pulled, that lady would can anything. Some kind of weird depression era fear of starvation I guess.

Some kind of weird depression era fear of starvation I guess.
My mother used to show signs of that (though she never fed me Spam. But then she never took me to Hawaii either . .).
My comment was just a simple, and not particularly well-reasoned, reminder that there are a lot of people who can't afford fancy knives, or a meal in a restaurant. As their numbers grow, it will be increasingly difficult for those of you who make knives, or prepare food, to make a living doing what you love.

Latest posts

Back