• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carters for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattorichop

Reaction score
Top knife is a Carter 232mm high grade gyuto with Mike Henry handle. The handle is desert ironwood with dyed green camel bone. Looking to get $700.

Bottom knife ia a 168mm kuro-uchi wa-bocho with a Stefan Kellar handle. The handle is stabilized California Buckeye burl with marbled buffalo horn. Looking to get $500.
IMG_3381.JPG

Did you remove the KU finish from the bottom knife?

No sayas with these knives. I can ship these anywhere.

Murray stripped the kuro-uchi finish and that is how I purchased the knife.

No sayas with these knives. I can ship these anywhere.

Murray stripped the kuro-uchi finish and that is how I purchased the knife.

I mean to ask whether the listed price includes worldwide shipping, shipping CONUS only, or doesn't include shipping at all.

Nice! That high grade is a beauty! I'm looking for a unicorn Carter high grade in blue paper steel...... they just don't come out on the market.

GLWS

Price drop on the high grade $650

Price drop on the wabocho $475

How in the H. E. double hockey sticks are these still available? Man, had I known this last week...

For anyone that hasn't had a carter. I strongly, strongly recommend one. The sizes aren't really up my alley or I would of already had that hg with the sweet rehandle. Glws

Carter's current pricing for High Grade white steel core blades is ~$100 per sun. That's a 7.85 sun blade, so you can consider that you are getting a "free" Mike Henry handle along with a 10% price break. Deals like this don't come around often.

Somebody buy this and put a smile on your face.

Rick

I know that is a crazy good deal. I probably would buy it myself if it were 50mm tall

Agree with what Rick said, I can also say from experience that the stock "custom" handles the carter knives are usually sold with aren't at the same level as those from the true custom handle makers.

Hi,

How think is the wabocho? They seem to all over the place, so I'm wondering if it's thin (sub 2mm), medium (2mm--3mm), or thick like a deba (over 3mm).

Thanks!

Back