Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 200 Redshark got here yesterday, safe and sound. It is beautiful!!!:bliss:

Thanks Ed, thats great, glad it got the safe and sound.:)

Finally got a chance to use the 200 Red Shark tonight. What a cutter! :fanning: Goes through potatoes like they are butter and has very good release. What type of grind are you using on them, Will? Whatever it is, it's great. My daughter used it and has since claimed the 210 carbon as her own when it gets here. :knife:

Stellar knife, Will. This thing is a beast on prep!
Thanks again!

Untitled13_zps06b6903c.jpg

Thanks Guys, Ed, The grind I have come to which works best is basically a blended double bevel, taken very thin at the edge. It ends up being a very robust grind with great release, especially on a thicker knife like yours. The grind appears convex to the eye. If you look at the heel you will see there is an apex to the convex. This is often described as a wave, I find this to give the best release. And as long as the time is taken to get it uber thin at the edge it cuts well too.
I have my processes to make sure a knife cuts food well out of the box. I tend to grind the knife as close as I can get it on belts, test it on food, then do the final thinning by hand on Diamond plates, retest as necessary, then hand finish.
I do it this way as many times I have hand finished a knife, tested it, not been as happy as I could be....so needed to grind a bit more and hand finish all over again:laugh:

Marc, thats fantastic mate, Its a great feeling to have some worker bee knives out there, let me know how it works out in the long term. That Patina is coming already.:)

The 210 arrived yesterday. Not sure if I'll be able to give you feedback anytime soon, as my daughter has appropriated it. :doublethumbsup:

There is still the 270mm carbon Utilty line left. And the wonderful special grind stainless Nakiri. I had better have a post holiday sale and offer 20% off the web price on these to you guys here by pm.
Pictures and specs here...
http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/shop.html
Thanks All:biggrin:

I love that profile of the 270. And I was really enjoying the 240, can't wait to get back in to the kitchen to use it again!

Cheers Marc, great to hear:biggrin:

Fabulous Nakiri Sold to Ed. I'm so happy you are buying so many of my knives Ed, thank you.:biggrin:

Thanks buddy, 270mm carbon is also now sold.
Many Thanks
Will

I have a stainless Utility Line available. This one was damaged on the way to the customer. The customer has changed his order to a damascus knife, so this is available. It lost 1mm off the Tip and has been re thinned and finished. Its still 240mm in length 49mm depth. Utilty line handle. Superb cutter.
I will do the 20% discount and a bit more on this one so be quick.... £230 all in, will include a nice Knife Mat to wrap it in and Knife certificate.
Pm me on this one and I'll send you the details

Many Thanks All
Will
Quick snaps, Usual geometry

Good choice Flee! I almost jumped on this and I already have his 240 in carbon. You are definitely going to enjoy this knife!

Nice job Flee. I have a 210 carbon and a 200 San Mai, both great cutters.

This Guy is available. It is a full custom Gyuto in 14c28n with no wait. The customer is having something else from me.
Specs are.
Blade length 270mm
Height 52 mm
14c28n at 62hrc
Handle is is Koa and Amboyna.
Balance is on the choil.

Price is £360 all in via pm, I will add it to my site in the next few days.

3mm at spine, full distal taper. convex faces, hand thinned into edge and tip prior to hand finish.

Many Thanks

Will

If I could swing a 270 in my kitchen... Great looking knife, Will!

Thanks Guys, still here, have not had a chance to put it on my website yet, so if you want it, pm me.
Cheers
Will

I want to try Will's gyuto & 14c28n steel so bad.....very tempting!!

If it performs anything like the o1 carbon utility I got, go for it!

I have three of Will's knives, a 200 San Mai Gyuto, a 210 O1 carbon Gyuto and a 215 Stainless Nakiri. They all perform beautifully.

I was about to put both these up for sale.....But the Gyuto has been snapped up:D
So the Suji still available.
The Price £712
Blade specs, stainless clad/01 core with nickel. Core 61hrc.
Both are approximately 3.5mm over the heel, full distal taper. Very...very... thin behind the edge.... whilst nicely convex faces.
The finish is hand rubbed to 600 grit and a light polish and etch.

Handles are stabilized dyed maple and birch. With solid nickel silver ferrule, split with a fullered stainless spacer. Stainless endcap with mosaic pin.
The Gyuto is actually a 240mm, (245)
The Suji a 280mm
Both balance on the heel.

Lots of pics in the gallery. Thanks All

Also the 14c28n custom Gyuto in koa/amboyna still available

Thanks Huw, all good practice for your one:D
Both the stainless clad knives, sold pending, im a happy bunny, as will be my landlord:bat:

Back