CCK Rescue

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkStar

Reaction score
Found this guy buried under a pile of other knives at shop local to me. Price was great so regardless of the condition I picked it up. Corrosion on the the blade is kinda nasty with "spider veins" of rust coming in from the edge where the rough grind exposed flaws in the varnish coating.

Pretty sure it's a CCk but what model? My chinese is not so good (yeah slight exageration) and the pictures on the CCK site are really low resoltuion (Really all the pics on line are.. nothing shows the text that well.....)

Also, of interest is that it's finish is very rough. I know these are not known for high level fit and finish but it seems much more beat up than pics I see online. Not sure if this is because it's older(sitting on the shelf of that shop for years) or just beat to crap from misuse. Having never held one first hand it's not clear to me what's what!

While some of the corrosion is rather deep in places it's all manageable, the only place that is troublesome to me is the end of the tang. I've included a close up. Should i assume inside the handle is compromised? If i remove the rust and coat it am i good? or do i need to dig in for some surgery?

edit

edit

edit

Last edited:
Yes...the Chinese is just the company location, name, and phone number with a large "3" to identify a #3 size. Thickness and height determine the specific model (chopper, slicer, etc.)

Its an absolute monster of a blade, thats for sure!

interesting that the 1503 isn't much smaller than the 1501.

i've got a 1301 and it's a big monster, dwarfs the 1303 by about 4 cm in length.

Back