Cell Phones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Sinclair

Reaction score
I'm a senior & my Motorola phone had over 3 years is slowing down takes longer to load.

A lot of phones now are 5G but our carrier Consumer Cellular here isn't 5G yet. I share it with Janice so pretty cheap.

I'm sure some of you have 5G phones & 5G carrier. From what I've read about it is huge difference. Not just in cell phones but in many areas of the digital world.

I know many here are more tech savvy than I am. Wondering if could get pointers on phone & perhaps changing to 5G carrier.

I’m on a Verizon plan and pay $70 a month for just myself with unlimited everything, no mobile hotspot which I don’t think is very necessary. The 5g is noticeably better than 4g across the board.

My phone is already paid off though.

Just checked maps of 5G on Oahu. Downtown, Waikiki, parts Pearl city & Ewa. Across the Pali parts of Kailua.

Up in our valley no carrier has reached there yet. Out in the country & even East side nothing. That's T Mobil, Verison, AT&T.

Called wiki fix here yesterday suggested getting new phone. I don't need latest greatest over 1K phones. Just a good camera, storage, streaming 5G big for this & making video's. He suggested Samsung. One looking at around 500.00. I'll pay Verizon & T Mobil see if can get info. on when 5G projected to Paoa valley in back of Punchbowl Crater.

Are you in the Android or Apple/IOS ecosystem? If you are in the iPhone ecosystem your options become simpler

What's your current phone?

Last edited:
Are you in the Android or Apple/IOS ecosystem? If you are in the iPhone ecosystem your options become simpler

What's your current phone?
Motorola 4G Camera is decent. Sometimes watch Tube movies at night in bed on phone.

It has been slowing down lately don't know storage or gigabytes on this phone. Im simple not a big social media person just KKF cuz I like the folks with similar interest.
The international members make this forum cool too.

I joined Facebook last year cuz many family members on it. Was OK at first Joined the James Webb & NASA groups. It got out of hand tho kept getting messages from all over. Wanted to delete membership but can't figure out how to do it. Only able to take icon off.

I'd lean towards Google pixel or Samsung A5x series too if you want sort of a middle of the road safe bet. Personally I don't really care about 5G as there's a lot of caveats to it... it only really makes sense if there's proper coverage where you intend to use it.

Samsung A50 will fit your bill Keith. Good, straight forward phone. I've had mine for three years I think now. All the pics I post here are from it. Even being a pretty simple phone it covers everything I want to do from banking to online shopping and all the things you think of using a phone for and still has capability to spare. I've had two Motorola's in the past. My first Droid was excellent and I loved it. When it was finally time for a new phone I got another Droid. Unfortunately, by that time, Motorola was bought by Lenovo and they outsourced production to China. Quality dropped considerably.

Not all 5G is the same, even by the same carrier. "5G" is a catchall term for different technologies and it can depend on where you are as to what you experience. Verizon's 4G has outperformed it's 5G in some locations.

I don't stay as current on phones as I could, but tbh it's more out of laziness.

TBH the screens and cameras keep getting better which actually is pretty nice. I currently have the top of the line Google, the big one. My vision isnt the greatest so I sort of need more real estate these days lol.

Anyway I am 1000% going back to Apple as Android seems to not work as well. Apple is the worst, except for everything else. JMO

Yeh visually oriented want a good Camera as you said getting better. I have good cameras sitting in a drawer. With hiking group just cell phones even taking group pictures one gal could fire the shutter from her smart watch.

Something is wrong with my phone moving so slow functions getting timed out don't know why. Maybe hidden files full or I've been hacked.
Pictures from Motorola
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeh visually oriented want a good Camera as you said getting better. I have good cameras sitting in a drawer. With hiking group just cell phones even taking group pictures one gal could fire the shutter from her smart watch.

Something is wrong with my phone moving so slow functions getting timed out don't know why. Maybe hidden files full or I've been hacked.
Pictures from Motorola
View attachment 244304View attachment 244305
Samsung, above the basic budget models, and Pixel phones have pretty good cameras. Pick the model with the screen size you need.

Pixel phones are great with Android updates. They're pretty quick to update when a new version comes out AND with security updates also. I can't speak to Samsung, I last had one about 10 years ago.

Hi. You’ve gotten good recommendations for a new phone, and maybe that’s your preference.
If not, it’s worth a couple hours trying to determine whether that’s necessary. I have an iPhone, but I’m sure some of these things apply with your Motorola.
You sound pretty sure that your storage capacity is nearly full. Is it? By looking into the workings of your device, you should be able to see

1 - What’s the storage capacity of your phone?
2 - How full is it? and
3 - What is it filled with? How much storage space is occupied by operating system, apps, photos & videos, old messages, etc?

^that and it could also well be that your Motorola has a dying battery (slower loading) and it's not keeping up with newer apps anymore, with many Android phones the OS updates stop after like 2 years even when security updates keep coming.

That's why called wiki fix. Getting timed out waiting. Googled it how to fix slow phone. All these banners came up to fix phone I'm afraid to use them some sound so ******** wanting permission to all your files. Now nonstop popups that have to delete to even see what's on my phone. All they told me was to get a new phone. Next phone I need to research phone security I'm very untrusting of so much stuff on internet. I don't even know how to delete Facebook.

Pictures from Motorola
View attachment 244304View attachment 244305
Wow! I want to visit there!

The Hike to top of ridge looking down steep cliffs on other side. That day little rain. You can see girl coming up in rain gear. It is a nice hike if you are in reasonable physical shape. Like hiking with this group learned things from them being prepared. Rain gear, good hiking shoes. Light weight fast dry clothes. I carry shoe spikes sometimes you need them also a first aid kit. Charged cell phone for camera & alltrails information via GPS. People get lost hiking in Hawaii all the time.

That's why called wiki fix. Getting timed out waiting. Googled it how to fix slow phone. All these banners came up to fix phone I'm afraid to use them some sound so ******** wanting permission to all your files. Now nonstop popups that have to delete to even see what's on my phone. All they told me was to get a new phone. Next phone I need to research phone security I'm very untrusting of so much stuff on internet. I don't even know how to delete Facebook.
ask a teenager ;-) seriously, they are usually far more in tune with this stuff since...at least the kids that need to have their phone surgically removed when they need a bath.

Back