Charity Tombola to win a knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_203018_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_203018_Instagram.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 0
Not only that, you won the cream of the crop IMO, along with Oel, Shir and Huber ❤️ congrats!
😲🤯 :party:🥳

I heard him say a great knife from a great maker, but I am not knowledgeable of all these makers. I'm familiar with the first two in the list - Huber and Kamon - but am not familiar with the others.

Can someone decipher the email they mentioned at 4:30..... info@ ???.de ..... please??? EDIT: I found it

Last edited:
Hey @BrokenChef congrats dude, super happy for you.
Since they named you there should be no problem and you will get an email.
The stuff with the invoice is for the not named guys who paid via credit card as far as I understood. They will get contacted via invoice.
E-mail was [email protected]
Tobias Hangler is the most knowledgeable knife maker I know. He thinks about stuff barely any knifemakers and only few knife enthusiasts quite experienced think about. He is mostly running knife making courses but his work is usually top notch. He helped create and also produce Apex Ultra steel. Last time I visited he had 3 tons laying around. If I could have cherry picked a knife from the 20 it would have probably been Kamon, Oel, Shir or Hangler. Not disregarding the other makers. I know Martin Hubers work quite well, same for guys like Hopwood, Chris Wild.. would have been happy with pretty much all of them.

The stuff with the invoice is for the not named guys who paid via credit card as far as I understood. They will get contacted via invoice.
Tobias Hangler is the most knowledgeable knife maker I know. He thinks about stuff barely any knifemakers and only few knife enthusiasts quite experienced think about. He is mostly running knife making courses but his work is usually top notch. He helped create and also produce Apex Ultra steel. Last time I visited he had 3 tons laying around. If I could have cherry picked a knife from the 20 it would have probably been Kamon, Oel, Shir or Hangler. Not disregarding the other makers. I know Martin Hubers work quite well, same for guys like Hopwood, Chris Wild.. would have been happy with pretty much all of them.
+1 for Hopwood!

I certainly can't complain, that's for sure. I 'never' win anything, lol. For what I've pumped into raffle tickets and never won, I probably paid for this knife 20 times, lol. I LOVE Huber and Kamon blades and am beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to play with a new blade, regardless of the maker, let alone one from someone so renowned and raved about. I'll post some pics once I get it.

No one else from here won a knife? Still early, I suppose...

I would have bet money that 3/4 of the tickets purchased would have been from KKF members...

OMG OMG OMG

::SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL::

I WON A KNIFE!!!!

#354 at 3:10 of the video..

Tobias Hangler knife

I have not received an email... Do I need to contact someone??
Congrats!!!! Excited to hear about it!

I noticed they called out 1046 when the number was 1064 on the second drawing. I hope they correct that. I'm gonna be honest though, the drawing definitely could be improved. It's way too tough to hear who the winner is.

Congrats!!!! Excited to hear about it!
Thank you!

I noticed they called out 1046 when the number was 1064 on the second drawing.
Good catch! Yeah, he read the ticket through the back side of the paper and transposed the last 2 numbers.

With the charity website being entirely in German, I expected the video to be in German too and completely incomprehensible to me.
He nailed my name though, I heard that part loud and clear.

How do you even check what your ticket numbers are? I got an order number, but it’s up in the 20k range.
They didn't provide a list...

Normally, for a drawing, you'd get a list of names and numbers prior to the draw... But with 1820 tickets sold, that could take significant time to make.

I think your best bet is to watch the video... Unless you have a name that is easily "butchered", I have to think you'd recognize your name being read off. But even then you've heard it butchered your entire life and should be able to pick up on it. I heard my name loud and clear, but couldn't tell you any other names I heard... Other than Huber and Kamon blacksmiths... I had to listen several times to pick up on which knife I won.

I still haven't got an email, even though I emailed them, but there is a significant time difference between my location and Germany, so maybe tomorrow they will get to emailing the winners...???

I think that even if you paid with a credit card, you still had to give your name, address, email, phone #, etc so I'm not sure what the issue is with that.

And I don't know, but maybe these guys work full time jobs and do this on the side... So they could be busy and just not have the time to spend all day dealing with the influx of emails/questions.

Others seemed to get email responses when asking about the draw, so I don't know...

Perhaps someone here is better familiar with the organization or knows one of them.

Got an email saying they forwarded the winners info to the guys from Blades for Charity who will ship out the blades.

It was in response to the email I sent them., so maybe Blades for Charity will be sending out emails to the winners soon...

No mention of the 1046/1064 mistake.

If I'm understanding this right...

It seems 2 of the charity operators won 3 of the knives... So they gave 2 of them away to other ticket holders, and the 3rd is going to another raffle.

Back