Chipped knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NBrewster

Reaction score
Last night was running behind and got sloppy. Was trying to crank out a dish that involved a frozen block of squid and rather than putting my good knife aside and reaching for the beater I just went for it. Quickly realizing this was a dumb idea, I put it down and went for the global that floats around my kitchen, but in that 2 seconds of frustration and frantic attempt to make up time I took a honking chunk out of the edge of the knife right in the middle of the flat spot (probably 2 mm long, 1.5mm deep).

This is more of a vent than anything else.

Just so frustrating. On the plus side I have just created a few hours of work for myself that I will probably thoroughly enjoy.

For those who have made similar mistakes, do you typically take the chip out immediately or do you just leave it as a reminder of your personal failings :)

i hate using sh*tty knives for beater tasks because it makes the task harder than it needs to be, just slow down and concentrate extra on technique with the knife you were already using.

Back