• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Coticule and Belgian Blue Stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey All!

So this might be a bit of a long shot since they don't seem to be the most popular type of stones around here but wondering if anyone has some Coticules (Ardennes Coticule or otherwise) for sale or Belgian Blue Stones? Interested in trying out some of these stones and hoping someone has some they might be up for parting with. Open to Coticule and or Belgian Blue combo stones as well.

These would be for knife sharpening so ideally something with a bit more workable space in it. Aka not the super small hand hone sized ones for straight razors.

Message me with whatever you got, thanks!

Sadly I have, I have contacted Ardennes Coticule 3x times now over the past month with zero reply.

Good suggestion! Thanks! Any recommendations? I honestly know nothing about the straight razor world....

Try etsy. I know nothing about straight razors but there are a number of shops on Etsy that I’ve seen advertising coticules and Belgian blues.

Thanks guys! I'll look further into those. Greatly appreciate the help on that. ;)

Still open to buying one of anyone in here is selling but I'll check out those options too

Solidsnake,

About 2 months ago, I had the itch to get a Belgian blue and a coticule combo....ordered off esty, seller was Beornidas. It was a Bout 10, like a koppa. About 100$. Shipping took awhile, but holey bloody hell......it's a seriously awesome polisher....put an edge on my zdp...that I am still bleeding from.

You won't be dissapointed.

Thanks all! Have a few things coming my way for this. Picked up a BBW from Griffith, great site and sellers, super friendly and quick responses to questions and will lap/flatten for free if you want.

Anyhow looking forward to trying it. Have a bout 8 coticle heading to me too. Interesting to know they perform well on even that high of hardness/wear resistance steel like zdp 189. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back