Custom maker refused my business

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Bico, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that the bladesmith in question wouldn’t be too regretful he didn‘t respond to the OP‘s email(s) if he read this thread.

Oh well. I do remember that JNS didn‘t ship to the UK at some point recently. I took that as a clear indication that Maxim hated the English and our ludicrous lying blubberblob of a PM. And promptly resolved to buy more fingerstones from him next time

👍

Thanks for adding some more insight. I did make some assumptions on my own, one of them was wrongly equating being anti-israel with being anti-semitic. If I read into his original post too much and drew conclusions he didn't intend to be drawn, then I do apologize.

I do feel some of the comments were harsh. OP came to the forum to vent a bit (probably not anticipating he would be called out) because he was feeling excluded. Some choose to respond to him harshly here, which probably has made him feel unwelcome and to some degree excluded from participating on this forum. Why add to his pain? IMO there are better ways to help someone gain more perspective or broaden their understanding.

Unless posts were erased, I didn’t see any responses that were overly harsh - more-so opinions where there was no emotion involved. The OP made it sound like the maker directly blocked the sale post purchase. The screenshot shows a message at checkout, before the sale even went through. As others said, the makers likely doesn’t moonlight as a web developer.

As to why the maker didn’t respond, there is only one side we are getting here - they supposedly had built rapport. I’m only surmising but with the emotion, editorial and assumptions attached to the original post, for all we know the maker knew what he would be getting into if he even tried to explain himself. Or the maker is a prick, but I’m going to assume there are some missing pieces we’ll never know.

TL;DR: you chatted with someone on the internet, didn’t work out, find peace.

Who is the maker? It’s not like you are putting him on blast. No one really is upset about him not shipping there. It’s not like it’s going to negatively affect him. But I am curious to see.

yeah name names!!

that being said, some makers are simply a bunch of cumguzzling twatwaffles, and you just have to accept that. #metwat

yeah name names!!

that being said, some makers are simply a bunch of cumguzzling twatwaffles, and you just have to accept that. #metwat

Man ... I could really go for some "twatwaffles" right now ... you (inferno) are making some serious strides to moving the English language more closely to the French in swearing ... I salute you!

Man ... I could really go for some "twatwaffles" right now ... you (inferno) are making some serious strides to moving the English language more closely to the French in swearing ... I salute you!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you sure about that?

yeah name names!!

Sometimes customers are also twatwaffles and they should look inward and accept that (I don’t feel one way or another about OP). Frankly I hope he doesn’t name the maker because we have hurt feelings, conjecture and no evidence that there was any nefarious intent.

customers have the right to be twatwaffles, since they are the ones paying.

its better for everyone if we name names of course. so this can be brought up to light. for future transparency.
and i'm kinda curious.

Rule: customer is always wrong and maker is right. If the maker doesn't get it(agree to make/sell and behaves too nicely)then it is customer's responsibility to use such insults etc to make it happen. Now customer can spend the leftover money with custco"steel" and whisky.

Not related to OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back