Cutting board with or without feet?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for with feet,especially if it's going to be a permanent fixture on a counter top.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure. Depends somewhat on the situation.

I have a 15 x 20 Boos board. It doesn't have permanent counter space--I keep it on the edge at the back of the counter when I'm not using it. It also has finger grooves, so that helps with moving it back and forth.

I can see the benefits of the rubber feet, but I can also see situations where they're less desirable. It has certainly been helpful to hear various opinions about the factors that should be considered in the decision. I would guess that the majority of boards out there don't have feet.

Huh? Mine has feet and finger grooves and I also store it on its side to save counter space--I don't see how that is relavent?

It's not difficult to test though. Just get one without feet, buy some stick on rubber feet and try it out. If you don't like it take them off--voila!

If you want something more permanent install them yourself.

just ask him if you can have the feet loose with the board and let the new owner deside if he wanna put them on or not.
Ikea Style for the WIN ! :)

Huh? Mine has feet and finger grooves and I also store it on its side to save counter space--I don't see how that is relavent?

It's not difficult to test though. Just get one without feet, buy some stick on rubber feet and try it out. If you don't like it take them off--voila!

If you want something more permanent install them yourself.

One argument for feet is that it provides space underneath, making it easier to pick up. That's less of an issue if there are finger grooves.

I agree that it's quite simple to get the board without feet and add them later if the owners feel like they're really needed.

no feet here.

i use a kitchen towel for stability..and i like the option of flipping the board over for two times the lifespan. (i have yet to wear one out)

no feet here.

i use a kitchen towel for stability..and i like the option of flipping the board over for two times the lifespan. (i have yet to wear one out)

It's not twice the lifespan. If you want to refresh the board you can take a belt sander to it--you would have to do this even if you used both sides.

Absolutely with feet. I don't want to repeat myself, but I have listed more than one reasons in another thread.

M

Feet, for the reasons listed in the thread.

I have never had weight distribution related problems with my board from David.

Absolutely with feet. I don't want to repeat myself, but I have listed more than one reasons in another thread.

M

I know, I know, Marko, I have heard it before. I remember. And do I have to repeat myself that it depends upon one's preference, food prep habits, space, etc ;) For most people it is best with feet, but some may prefer it without.

This is the last I will say on boards in this thread or ever again probably, but if you are able to reasonably take care of your stones and knives, then it is seriously easy to maintain a board without feet. You simply put a breathable matt underneath it.

I'm done.

k.

It's cool Drinky,Never had feet on boards at work or home boards for that matter.On my large boardsmith tho I like em.:D

It's not twice the lifespan. If you want to refresh the board you can take a belt sander to it--you would have to do this even if you used both sides.

ok, twice the life between sanding? ;)

never thought we would see five pages on a woodblock. :)

I have a Boardsmith board with feet and I am very happy with it that way.

I prefer feet too but i have some that sticks under the board without screws.

Back