• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Dan Prendergast 200mm chef

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icanhaschzbrgr

ill-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi KKF,

it's been a while since I posted anything and even more time since I sold any knives. But the time has come and I'm going to list few knives for sale starting with this Dan's monosteel chef.

• Slightly under 210mm on the edge.
  • 46 mm in the heel area
  • spine is 5mm near the handle and quickly tapers into nimble tip
  • 156 g (without saya)
  • Balance right where the makers mark is.
  • 1.2519 steel hardened to ~62 HRC (not stainless)
  • Walnut handle with blonde horn spacer and walnut saya.
I bought it as blade only about 2 years ago. Immedeately fell in love with it. I made a Walnut saya and a bunch of handles for it. I believe current handle is a good match both in terms of look and comfort. Nicely balanced and not overly gaudi.

I also have a 180mm Kato and they are very similar when it comes to grind, distal taper and overall cutting performace. So I guess one could call it workhorse grind. Being monosteel its way less reactive than Kato and 1.2519 seems to hold edge way longer than Kato.

Some more pictures of Dan's rustic looking makers mark

I always leash saya pins. Because why not?!

No epoxy blobs this time.

Anybody likes patina?

Asking $350 usd + shipping.
I'm in Russia and ready to ship anywhere.

I have 2 knives from Dan and love both. Decided to thin my collection and so this one is looking for a new home.

Last edited:
Whoa, that's gorgeous. And a really super deal at that price too, like buying a custom saya and handle combo while getting the knife for free...! GLWS

So tempting but such a tight budget lately.
GLWS Anton!

This is stupidly nice. It won't last long. If I wasn't on the quest for a god tier 270 you'd of had mail. Amazing piece, someone who wants a work pony, this is it.

Nice looking grind
/choil shot.
GLWS.

That's some fine work ! Someone should grab this.

If I hadn't just bought my Prendergast I would have bought this one. Someone get it and make yourself happy.

Sorry to keep bumping your thread without being a buyer!

missed this. how much did it sell for Anton?

Back