Dragon's Breath Yanagi ba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man everyone talks about bob kramer, but dude you are incredible! This knife is insane! How much do your knives go for roughly? How much did you sell this one for? I'd love one day to have you make me one... that will be Years from now though...!

Bill is above Kramer in my honest opinion, bill just has more marketing hype and collectors backing him. I played with a 8 inch Kramer before and was like meh (profile drove me insane) I'm on bills list and both look forward to and dread the day. I'm no expert but this yanagi has to be 4-5k usd, complex Damascus, complex grind, integral, musk ox, gold inlay. It is a masterfully crafted blade though. But when my time comes and I need to pay my dues I'll be getting an 11 x 2.5 inch inch San mai gyuto and it will be my partner in crime. No idea on wood yet, maybe Tasmanian black wood with a spacer somewhere in there for flair. The guys a legend.

Bill is above Kramer in my honest opinion, bill just has more marketing hype and collectors backing him. I played with a 8 inch Kramer before and was like meh (profile drove me insane) I'm on bills list and both look forward to and dread the day. I'm no expert but this yanagi has to be 4-5k usd, complex Damascus, complex grind, integral, musk ox, gold inlay. It is a masterfully crafted blade though. But when my time comes and I need to pay my dues I'll be getting an 11 x 2.5 inch inch San mai gyuto and it will be my partner in crime. No idea on wood yet, maybe Tasmanian black wood with a spacer somewhere in there for flair. The guys a legend.
Dude for real!!! A legend and the best legends are the ones no one has really heard of! I hate all the hype certain people/brands/bands/etc... get, it’s always the deep cuts that are the best! Like at Coachella this weekend there’s maybe three good bands, the really good ones are like Widespread Panic and The Fritz!

$4-5k!?! That’s insane! I bet you are dreading, but loving when that day comes! Do you use your knives professionally? I’d love to one day get one of these insane knives! This knife is one of the most beautiful pieces of art alone I’ve seen let alone a knife!

Dude for real!!! A legend and the best legends are the ones no one has really heard of! I hate all the hype certain people/brands/bands/etc... get, it’s always the deep cuts that are the best! Like at Coachella this weekend there’s maybe three good bands, the really good ones are like Widespread Panic and The Fritz!

$4-5k!?! That’s insane! I bet you are dreading, but loving when that day comes! Do you use your knives professionally? I’d love to one day get one of these insane knives! This knife is one of the most beautiful pieces of art alone I’ve seen let alone a knife!

The most expensive knife I use professionally are the thor cleaver(google it) and a 270mm takamura uchigumo. I have a 250mm HHH gyuto, in tsunami damascus and mammoth tusk handle. That has seen pro use twice, once for Bill Nye and once for Michelle Obama. I try my best to mainly use less expensive knives that are "replaceable" . Stuff like this and stuff like high end haburns, catchsides, raders etc etc are more functional art and unless you own a restaurant your probably not bringing the knife that you had to work 100+ hours to earn to work with you, only to see some nimrod use i t without asking and do damage, truth be told I've never seen someone use better knives than me at work. But back on topic, yes his knives are pricey, but think how many man hours go into something like this, how much is his overhead, how much were the materials, I dont know any knife maker who are living a life of luxury(ok... maybe kramer is). My recommendation is to start tossing some funds aside and find someone you like, jump on the list go from there.

Just saw this knife and it is remarkably beautiful. The finish looks as if it was made for a king! Unfortunately I probably cannot justify buying such a knife :-(

Back