Drinking Glass Recommendations

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in the market for new drinking glasses. Most of what I currently use are hand blown by a friend of mine or old jelly jars, if you know what the old style jelly jars are.
I am looking for a durable glass that a 6 year old can use but not consequently heavy and not so expensive that it hurts the wallet should they occasionally get broken. I hand wash so something I can fit my hand inside to clean is beneficial.

What do you use or would recommend.

If you're not opposed to stainless something like these would work great;

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 3.21.14 PM.jpg

For our baby we started out with a stainless steel sippy cup, which he promptly used to create modern dimple art on the face of the hard rock maple coffee table. As a toddler he has since graduated to these type of stainless cups. "Only pour what you want to clean off the floor" is the motto in our household!

For water use old black cherry glass juice bottles. Drink right out of the bottle.

I ordered some nice green hand blown glasses we use at dinner for ice tea. Some times chill them for beer pours.

Back