esoo tries to make a wa handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is where I've gotten to today:
20230417_155921.jpg

Drill three holes and then used the bit to route out the slot. The tang on the HD2 is 110mm long so a fair amount of work.

This iteration I tried going with the 7/64" drill bit. With the block, I can say that the holes look to have been straight enough that the blade is essentially straight with the handle. However there was a slight offset of the holes and with how tight this drill bit makes it, the blade is rotated slightly at the moment. I'll have to use some files to straighten that out.

These blades are not thick enough or wide enough at neck that there wouldn't have been ways to sort/wiggle the inserting right with the first try, and there you'd have hit my thresold with patience as how the insert hole MIGHT look focusing on it solely.

However, perfecting and improving by thyself is way to go to learn tenfolds.

I have complete faith with the current state that you're actually sorting it out fine. Imagine how easy any next project would be from there already.

Kudos - I am following this thread. Keen to see how you shape it out and whatever difficulties you could encounter that you'll also find a way to see through so much more precisely.

Back