Quantcast

Experimenting with new grind

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Marko Tsourkan

Reaction score
Test cut tomato, onion, carrot and potato. Food release on all was very good.

M

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
I would need to see a picture of your "old" grind next to it to understand what you changed, but it looks good.

Marko Tsourkan

Reaction score
I would need to see a picture of your "old" grind next to it to understand what you changed, but it looks good.
The difference in blades' cross-section wont' be very visible in a picture, however, the difference in cutting is that a blade with the new grind doesn't fall through food as easily, but separates food cleanly.
M

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
It still looks plenty thin enough to fall through food without much resistance, so if the food release is appreciably better, it seems like a good tradeoff to me.

Marko Tsourkan

Reaction score
I don't make any videos, so it will have to come from folks who will try the knives with a new grind. I will continue doing both.

M

RRLOVER

Reaction score
Looks Good............Getting great food release and the blade falling through food is a difficult task.

Salty dog

Reaction score
I couldn't make heads or tails about that photo?

Ah, couldn't see until I enlarged it.

Marko Tsourkan

Reaction score
Looks Good............Getting great food release and the blade falling through food is a difficult task.
I seem to be making some progress here - incorporating both features in a single grind. More to follow.

M

Latest posts