Favorite ginsan knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been liking my new Kagekiyo ginsan (the Myojin hamaguri version with funky handles) - does anyone know if Nakagawa is the smith for this version? Whoever it is, I was pretty impressed with the edge it took in a side by side comparison with my blue #2 MM.

S. Tanaka is also pretty good. The 150 petty is a steal, it's too bad KnS never has them in stock anymore.

Been liking my new Kagekiyo ginsan (the Myojin hamaguri version with funky handles) - does anyone know if Nakagawa is the smith for this version? Whoever it is, I was pretty impressed with the edge it took in a side by side comparison with my blue #2 MM.

S. Tanaka is also pretty good. The 150 petty is a steal, it's too bad KnS never has them in stock anymore.
Could be Shogou Yamatsuka, the Kanji is kind different on the Nakagawa Ginsan. For example
This is the Kanji of Ginsan on Nakagawa
Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

This is the Ginsan Kanji on Yamatsuka (Hado)

4.JPG

Note on the Kanji 三 the first line on Nakagawa looks more like a branch while the one on Yamatsuka is one solid line.
This is the one on Kagekiyo
Capture3.JPG

Of course it could be another smith, this is all just my speculation.

Back