• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Folders from Roland Lannier & 1515 Manu Laplace, and a Kevin Wilkins fixed knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1) 1515 Manu Laplace - 450 Euros
14C28N
, “ice blade” finish, carbon scales and a beautiful inlay in the liner. As new. Comes with a synthetic sheath in carbon fibre optic.
It is this exact knife: Couteau de poche 1515 Fibre de carbone PVD intercallaire - Couteau (couteaux-berthier.com)
Couteau de poche 1515 Fibre de carbone PVD intercallaire - Couteau
  • overall length: 203mm
  • handle length: 120mm
  • blade length: 85mm
  • weight: 113g
I think all of Manu Laplace’s folding knives come with wise sayings engraved inside (see pics). This one says, “Il est bon de n’avoir pas de vices et mauvais de n’avoir pas de tentations”. It is a citation from Walter Bagehot, an English journalist, businessman, and essayist, and translates like this, “It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations”.

2) Roland Lannier Why So Serious no.256 - 340 Euros
14C28N
stainless nitrogen boosted steel, cryogenic treated, 60 HRC, mounted with beryllium bronze washers and ceramic ball, tartan scales and white corian spacer, “Pride of Scotland” silk pouch, handcrafted in France. As new.

Let me say something about the tartan micarta scales: the colour is so unbelievably beautiful but almost impossible to capture in pictures, no matter what light conditions you have. The handle looks black but when you look closer you can see hints of dark blue/purple and green. Reminds me of the Joker… The handle was the main reason why I bought this knife.

3) Kevin Wilkins Nova XT fixed knife - 180 Euros
Elmax
PM steel, 60-61 HRC, glass coyote G11 handle, kydex sheath with belt loop. Barely used.
  • steel thickness: 4mm
  • overall length: 175mm
  • blade length: 70mm
  • sharpened: 63mm
  • max. blade height: 25mm
  • grip width: ca. 12mm
  • weight: 90 grams

Straight sales only, no trades. Prices include PayPal and first 15 Euros of shipping.

Last edited:
1) 1515 Manu Laplace - 450 Euros
45118573fd.jpeg

45118574ma.jpeg

45118575fn.jpeg

45118576sw.jpeg

45118577jb.jpeg

45118578mz.jpeg

45118579nq.jpeg

Bump for a couple of gems. I’d love to sell but have no problem keeping those. Especially the folders make great steak knives. And the Wilkins will get moved to my bike backpack.

Latest posts

Back