Folks, we've been doing it wrong!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hbeernink

Reaction score
I just read an article and boy do we have it backwards! All this talk about makers, and steel choice, and sharpening and grinds, and San-Mai vs honyaki...

https://restaurantclicks.com/best-sushi-knife/
I'm so ashamed right now. I don't have any of these, despite the thousands+ I've spent on knives and all the great stuff I've made over the years. I need a hug.

/s

I just read an article and boy do we have it backwards! All this talk about makers, and steel choice, and sharpening and grinds, and San-Mai vs honyaki...

https://restaurantclicks.com/best-sushi-knife/
I'm so ashamed right now. I don't have any of these, despite the thousands+ I've spent on knives and all the great stuff I've made over the years. I need a hug.

/s
The only good knife they recommend is a MAC.

TUO? Dalstrong? 🤦‍♂️

I see dalstrong ads on my Instagram and I can’t believe what people will buy. I guess I kind of can but jeeeeez.

I guess edgy futuristic designs sell but the steel.. the grinds.. 🤢

I have a butter knife, does that work better than a dalstrong?

I was thinking they meant for slicing. Anyhow, this list seems kinda all over the place, but the one common denominator is dalstrong

The common denominator on the list is affiliate links. If they can't make money on it, it won't be on their list.

“As tempting as it might be to opt for a cheaper alternative, it will always be worth opting for a slightly more expensive model. This is a general rule you should follow for all types of kitchen knives, not just for sushi knives.”

I have to admit, this does reflect my knife buying history. Seems as time goes on my upper threshold for purchases continues to rise.

The first listed knife in that article is a Dalstrong yanagiba. The product page for that knife gives us this wonderful image.
DE5FEB47-703E-4EA5-8F9F-840BA6FD899B.png

Looks like someone just did a search for knives on Amazon and put the first knives which showed up onto the list.

Look at the website name!

Does anyone think this website is real? Bots don't earn much unless you have them do thousands of websites like that one. Click-thrus and referral links are where the real 'bot' money is earned though!

Look at the website name!

Does anyone think this website is real? Bots don't earn much unless you have them do thousands of websites like that one. Click-thrus and referral links are where the real 'bot' money is earned though!
These are dark times indeed. Soon ChaptGPT will provide you with all of your restaurant and knife recommendations.

Now enjoy your pod and eat the bugs!

Last edited:
These are dark times indeed. Soon ChaptGPT will provide you with all of your restaurant and knife recommendations.

Now enjoy you pod and eat the bugs!
Just like the TicketMaster fiasco with all the bots beating Swifties trying to make a concert ticket purchase!

Back