D. Martell For Sale - Martell Yo Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
[h=1]160mm Petty - Orange Box Elder Western - CPM154[/h]

https://martellknives.com/collections/buy/products/160mm-petty-western-cpm154

• Model - Petty
  • Blade Length - 160mm
  • Steel - CPM154 (powdered stainless)
  • Hardness - Rc 61-62 (with cryo)
  • Height (at heel) - 32mm
  • Weight - 3.3oz (93.5g)
  • Handle Style - Western
  • Handle Materials - Orange Dyed Box Elder Burl, Buffalo Horn, & Copper/G10 spacers
  • Collection - Professional
  • FREE Lifetime Sharpening included!

Made from CPM154 powdered stainless steel to have great edge retention, ease of sharpening, and low maintenance requirements.

The handle is done in a western style using professionally (orange) dyed & stabilized box elder burl paired with a streaky black buffalo horn bolster and copper/G10 spacers for accent.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Price - $375

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.
thumbsup.gif

P1010001.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010028.JPG

P1010032.JPG

What do you folks think about this one? I used the orange box elder burl block that I could never get anyone to take. :biggrin:

Dave:
This is a stunning knife. Personally, I like it even more than the Ironwood petty you recently sold – the grain structure is tighter and more complex, which suits a smaller handle well. The color really pops everything. I believe that two things work against customers making good decisions on handle wood: 1) the unfinished blocks only hint at what the completed/finished handle will look like (plus you can't make any promises because every block is different) and 2) the nomenclature works against you – "orange dyed" doesn't sound particularly upscale even though the result here is spectacular. The CPM154 petty you made for me last year is a wonderful knife. That handle is yellow dyed box elder burl and I really struggled making that decision – glad I did, with your help. It's the go-to knife out of the block for lots of jobs. From fit-and-finish to balance to edge retention, a splendid job. I don't need another one, but I am sorely tempted nonetheless.
Dennis

Latest posts

Back