Forgecraft Prices now officially crazy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing about these say Forgecraft to me. I don't understand why you couldn't just honor the artisans that produced these knives, and put their marks on it. Just feels like gimmicky marketing to me.

They didn't actually post a link to their site, that was a real forum member what did that... in before close I guess. Sad to see things turned out this way. I have looked at many a japanese made knife and thought that x or y could be changed for the North American market. I'm not so sure this is different.

http://www.forgecraft.co/about/ been waiting a year for these guys to pull their heads out of their asses.

On another forgecraft front, I sent hoss an unsharpened 8" and he has the 10" as well. he's planning at some point to get around to an homage to them, albeit without the logo I take it, though I think I like the devin logo better :)

On another forgecraft front, I sent hoss an unsharpened 8" and he has the 10" as well. he's planning at some point to get around to an homage to them, albeit without the logo I take it, though I think I like the devin logo better :)

I sent him the best (and earliest) 1950s Forgecraft that I have as well. You know that anything that Devin makes is going to be awesome.

Well, I severely underestimated how much attention this would get. I really just wanted people to know that we'd finally "got our head our of our a***". I'm always happy to talk about knives, and definitely have empathy with a lot of the opinions here (we do kind of like look instagram hipsters). I'm going to bow out of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the plaid shirt itchy? Like, is it flannel, or dress shirt material? Oh, sorry. PM.

I'm curious to know if vintage forgies are better than newer clones like R Murphy carbon or Ontario Knife old hickory (which even has the forgecraft brick pattern on the faces of the blade... spooky).

It is worth remembering that Ontario originated that faux "handforged" blade pattern and the majority of other cutlery companies copied it later in the 1920-1930 period. Then there are dozens of private label knives produced by Ontario knives. I personally think the Case XX versions were probably the best quality.

I've been on the look out for a few months and this was in the best shape, I thought it would go higher, so I didn't follow it closely enough to try a last minute bid.

Back