• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Asai Nakiri AS/Iron, Yusuke Thin 240mm Gyuto White 2, Yoshi SKD(JNS) 250mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sel1k1

Reaction score
For sale:

Asai Aogami Super Iron Clad Nakiri 170mm. Originally purchased from Bernal Cutlery(http://bernalcutlery.com/shop/asai-aogami-super-170mm-wa-nakiri-suminagashi-tsuchime-kuro-uchi) - $150

Extra Thin Sakai Yusuke 240mm White #2 Gyuto - $200

(JNS) Yoshikane Thin SKD 240mm(255mm) Gyuto - $200

Pics are here: Knives: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114763672056585209961/albums/5907323736446028577

All are in good condition. I have 4 Gyutos(5 when using the Asai nakiri in place of a gyuto) and would like to make room for other items. I can provide additional photos if necessary. Prices include shipping within lower U.S. states. I reside in the Bay Area. Reasonable offers considered. The saya is included with the Yoshikane. I would advise against using plastic knife guards but will provide the ones shown upon request. I accept paypal or local pickup.

Shaun

Yoshikane sold!

Masami Asai certainly deserves more attention. He makes some great stuff. Unfortunately he has been sick the past year and has just now started to get back into it. From what I have heard he is having problems with heart disease. Very sad.

I've owned two knives by him and they've both been excellent. Sad to hear that his he is in bad health.

Asai don't get no love on this forum IMO.

I have the EE version of that same nakiri (KU finish) and it is hands down the best cutter in my rack. I was so impressed with it that I turned right around and ordered a 105 petty from the same line.

Asai Nakiri is sold.

Sakai Yusuke White #2 Special Thin Gyuto still for sale.

Shaun.

Bernal Cutlery and EE carry the same version of the AS/Iron models. Great line. Great knife.

Bernal Cutlery and EE carry the same version of the AS/Iron models. Great line. Great knife.

Did you strip the KU finish yourself? How was the reactivity without the KU?

Yes, I started with 150 grit sandpaper with wd-40 then 300, 1000, 1500, 2500, mother's polish. The patina is absolutely beautiful on it after polishing. I kept it oiled with chamomile oil or mineral. I also used this at work doing heavy volume. Hundreds of pounds of onions, breaking down Kampachi and also slicing during service. It's a great size for the stations I used it with plus it's super tall; I like that about Asai, Yoshikane, and Takeda.

Sakai Yusuke 240mm Gyuto still for sale $200 obo

Price drop on Sakai Yusuke White #2 ultra thin 199.99 OBO

Hard to believe that that Yusuke has not been snapped up given all the press the Yusukes have had recently. I love that knife, might be one of my favorites. What was it about the knife that you didn't like?

I like the knife too but I am trying to purchase a few other knives and tools and have too many gyutos. I thought this would go fast as well being that the thin gyutos are not consistently in stock from blueway.

Sakai Yusuke price drop $185 shipped in lower US

Ken, adjust your settings to accept pm. The price of $185 shipped is not obo. Im raising the price to $220(shipping included) + paypal fee in 24 hours.

Ok ill take it for 185 then. I'm not sure how to change the pm settings. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kedar

Ken, adjust your settings to accept pm. The price of $185 shipped is not obo. Im raising the price to $220(shipping included) + paypal fee in 24 hours.

It appears that my messaging has not been enabled yet. Is there something i can do about it? Sorry I'm new to the forum

Back