• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Gesshin 220 or other super low grit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alder26

Reaction score
Hey there looking to pick up a used gesshin to 220 or other low grit stone for thinning and flattening bevels. I already have a nanohone 200 which I love but would like to buy something fast cutting to extend the life of it.

I considered selling my G220 awhile ago and realized after I priced it fairly for being used and paid for shipping that I would be basically giving away a good stone. I don't use it often but it's nice to have when I want it.

Good luck in your search but suggest you may want to toss a couple more things in with it and buy new.

Check out mtc kitchen. They have a 20% off stone sell going on. You can get low grit shapton pro, shapton glass, cerax, and sigmas for $30-45.

Last edited:
Good sale but i would suggest buying more than one stone or else its pointless with shipping at 15 bucks. I’ve been debating to replace my atoma but I really don’t want to drop over 100 for no reason lol

I bought a back up nanohone 200 from MTC but I'm still interested in getting some other fast cutters if anybody has something

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 9.18.18 PM.png

OP, you missed a hyphen. Could you correct it, please?

Seriously, I've been wanting to try the Gessh 220 too. My current coarse one is a Shapton 120, which I need to find some way to recondition when I get around to it. Definitely lost the initial bite pretty fast....

Apologies for the thread pollution. But yea, it's going to be tough to find a $45 stone used.

Last edited:
View attachment 72210

OP, you missed a hyphen. Could you correct it, please?

Seriously, I've been wanting to try the Gessh 220 too. My current coarse one is a Shapton 120, which I need to find some way to recondition when I get around to it. Definitely lost the initial bite pretty fast....

Apologies for the thread pollution. But yea, it's going to be tough to find a $45 stone used.

Yeah might be a lost cause. Buy some 60-90 grit silicon carbide for rock tumbling and a cheap plate of tempered glass for the shapton it'll refresh the surface in no time.

Back