Giveaway: Old Hickory carving knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitchenCommander

Reaction score
I have a few Old Hickory carving knives that I don't have much use for. So as a newer member, I figured I could do a quick giveaway as a thank you for all of the knowledge and help I have gained over the past few weeks. These are some carving knives that I lightly restored by removing some of the thick patina and attempting a light thinning at the thick portion of the blade. The back half of the blade is convex ground and was rather thick. The front portion is flat ground and is flexible. There is an abrupt taper from the convex grind to the flat grind as might be evident from the photo.

I am a home cook, so I'll leave this open to anyone who is interested in ConUS. Only one knife per person, unless you have a specific need, then just let me know. First 4 "I'll take one" followed by a PM or email. All knives are about the same, so you will get a random one of the 5 and I am keeping one for myself.

I would like to recover some shipping costs for these, so I'll make a flat rate $5 per knife. PAYPAL only
PM or email me at [email protected]

BB32D1CC-5FF7-4789-96FA-0EAAD1E35DF6_zpssz0saox0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Two spoken for.

Still two left. Anyone interested in one of these let me know. Or if you know someone who might be in need that is fine as well.

would one of these work as a boner type knife? how long are they?

I would say they could work for boning.
I'll measure the blade when I get home. Its in the 7"-8" blade range. With the flexible tip, navigating bones might be easier than with a full stiff blade. I might take a photo of the spine to show the flex. You an clearly see where the grind transitions from convex to flat at the midway point of the blade. That is where the flex starts.

I'm pretty sure they are made of 1095 carbon steel, salvaged from some sort of saw blade like Forgecrafts.

Last 2 are taken pending shipping info confirmation.
Thank you everyone for your participation.

I welcome any recipients of these knives to let me know when they arrive and possibly post a small mini review of how you used your knife and how it functioned. If you plan to regift to someone in need, I would be happy to find out how they liked it.

Latest posts

Back