Quantcast

Good Karma

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
A little while back, as some of you might remember, I lent my Yamawaku nakiri out to a new member here, whom I had never met. I sent it in good faith, hoping he might learn something and appreciate a chance to use a good knife, in order to discover what he and his wife wanted before they shelled any money out on an expensive piece of steel.
I hadn't heard from him in a few weeks and to be honest, I assumed he had just been busy, and unable to ship the knife back or even use it to get a feel for it.
Well, today, I received a package with my knife in PERFECT shape, but a nice heavy patina where it had been shiny before (signs of real use!!!) Also in the box was a little gift to say thanks. Knowing what the gift was doesn't really affect the story, so I'll keep it between the two of us. All I really wanted to say is:

Thanks, Scott! You are clearly a classy, honest guy and I hope you get some good karma sent your way!

I don't know about you guys, but I love when someone proves what I like to believe - that people really are good and thoughtful. People do care and that a little can go a long way. :D

Candlejack

Reaction score
Yeah, it's really awesome to see this kind of good faith in a forum. Some great people here. Some good, honest people.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really awesome to see this kind of good faith in a forum. Some great people here. Some good, honest people.
+1 great people. Great place. Nuff said. Wish my every day interaction with people was always this good.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
There are some great people on this forum, I'm glad to be in their presence. :)

Deckhand

Reaction score
Pensacola tiger loaned me knives and it helped a lot. Son Sachem has gone out of his way for me. Chef Niloc as well. Jon with advice. All sorts of people with helpful posts and PMs. I am grateful for the people here.

Shinob1

Reaction score
I agree this forum is a great community, especially for a forum that's free to join. Good to see that you had a great experience with a new member. :thumbsup:

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Sorry, don't mean to sound like a hippie or anything, but another good karma/faith example:
I recently posted my kit in the gallery section and had some offers for one of my knives. Pensacola Tiger shipped me a blade first in an even trade so I wouldn't have to be without a needed knife in my work kit.
He doesn't know me, I could be a dirtbag. But he was willing to send it out first anyway. It's nice to know there are still some good folks left in the world. Fortunately for us, a lot of them are on this forum.

Seth

Reaction score
I was at a dog agility trial a few years back and wanted to buy regulation weave poles from a vendor who didn't take credit cards. He gave me the equipment and told me to send him a check. That kind of trust in human nature seems to be rare. I guess certain groups; dog people, knife people, tend to attract a certain kind of person. Some people seem to intuitively know to contribute to the community and others need rules. BTW, what's wrong with being a hippie? Some of us grew up to become real people...

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, good people doing good things makes everyone happy and this place a better space -- and the forum seems to load faster when that happens too ;)

k.

brainsausage

Reaction score
There's an amazing amount of outreach in this forum, and a selfless sharing of information that's truly awesome. Really glad I joined this great group of knifenuts:)

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was proudly birthed and raised by a hippie. I think it helped make me a half decent guy.

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
Hippies are people who believe the world can be a better place than it is now.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hippies are people who believe the world can be a better place than it is now.
I was created by two hippies and birthed by a mother still on hippie drugs when my head saw the light. It is easy to believe the world can be better when you are on drugs ;)

k.

PierreRodrigue

Founding Member
Reaction score
I too have to say, the people here are amazing! Between Rick sending me half his kit to examine, a straight razor to kill myself with, and another sending electronics, all with nothing in return, all I can say is wow! The people who call this forum home... I don't think there is a better group of people around.