• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Haburn - wide bevel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WTB or WTT

Hello fellow knife nerds!

I'm considering putting in a custom order with Haburn but do not know which grind I want.

I was told by a KKF member with many of his knives, in every grind over the last 8 or so years, that his high-bevel grind is most performant.

I want to try it out before pulling the trigger on that custom. If it performs how I like, that's the grind I'll go with.

Now that said, ideally I could just use someone's knife in that grind on an onion and carrot and two and I'd immediately know whether the performance is for me.

But most people likely wouldn't entertain that, for obvious reasons. However, if you are and live in the Phoenix metro area, please let me know, I'd be willing to pay you just to meet up and cut an onion and carrot or two.

More than likely I'm just going to have to buy one and find out whether the grind is for me or not. So if any of you are willing to sell one, please let me know.

I'm also willing to trade for one, and some of the knives I have available for trade can be found here:
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...de-handmade-tobias-hangler.65670/post-1006233
Knives that are not in that thread that I may be willing to trade for include a Bidinger and Bazes.

Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time!

Back