Handles, Conversions, and other Stuff

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous knife

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4402.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

Thanks. Just making it pretty I wish it was mine. That would a pretty serious first SB
Appears to be 1 bevel short of having a pair. Yours or you just making it pretty?

Looks great Mike! Was also curious what the spacer material is for the replacement handle?

Hope you weren't going for rugged again Mike. That one is pretty classy too!! :biggrin:

Hi... I'm interested in a octagonal handle for a Shigefusa Deba 180mm. Also for a Tanaka Petty 150mm... Where can I look for them and inform me about the price?

Namaste

More than a week late, but I got the Jones knife ready to ship.

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

Was (is) that ebony? I've had a few ebony ferrels split on me (usually when I'm wrestling with the blade trying to fit it in the slot), don't think I'm going to use it for ferrels anymore. Doesn't look like you even started drilling yet, did it split during clamp up?

Be well,
Mikey

looks like B.O. to me.
either way, that sux Mike!

looks like B.O. to me.
either way, that sux Mike!

Shame on you KK, that's an awful thing to say about Mike (besides, I can't imagine it's strong enough to do that, his wife would never stand for it):angel2:

My bo could split granite, but the center punch did this one. It is Bog Oak btw

You guys are killin me with these single bevels, especially ones this beautiful. I don't want to return them!

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

That's a really nice pair.

Stefan

I'm pretty sure Mike got this from Texas Knife Supply, but I don't see the colors you're looking for.

What kind of wood are we looking at Mike? It's a beauty!

Very nice. Still hard to beat a nicely executed simple horn and wood combo IMHO.

Stefan

Mike i seen that alot of knives has the tang exposed like that. whats the point of it?

Back