Handles, Conversions, and other Stuff

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the handle mike. the horn is a perfect match with amboyna and the color goes very well with the steel. i cant say i like the machi gap thing. it might feel better in hand but in looks its a - for me.

I am in search of some yellow/goldish reconstituted stone know any sources?

I have never seen yellow composite stone. This copal amber is cool and the yellow is not too bright, and in your face.

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4456 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

That looks really cool, ya kind of like musk ox or even a tulip, will be nice to see shaped out and on a knife. Btw that sapwood amboyna looks great, looks like the one you did for me with the ironwood ferrule on my gengetsu, it's holding up great!

Thank you Mike. Got the package this morning and went to town with a few of them. Great feel in hand as always and they look great! Also think you might have sent an extra piece back? I can send it back anytime soon unless you don't need it then will send it with the next few knives. Thanks again!

Finally something to show off. Chef this is when you tell me you like it?

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

Just playing around out in the shop today. I have always wanted to try a barrel shaped handle. I also wanted to retain the things I find kinda endearing about the stock CCK handles. The barrel shape the exposed and bent over tang at the end (I got to work on that). Let me know what you think? I also don't need another CCK, so if anyone wants this one I just want the cost of materials and the blade so $100.00 will cover it
Thanks

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

I love it Mike. Is the handle shorter than the original? Or did you bend the tang, slide off the handle and slide on the new?

Hey Chris, I took the handle off with a chisel, then straightened the tang. The new handle is the same length.

I love it Mike. Is the handle shorter than the original? Or did you bend the tang, slide off the handle and slide on the new?

Yes, good eye. It was my first carbon steel knife. After sharpening it the first time I am hooked and a year later have a serious knife problem.

Back