Hello everyone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drendon

Reaction score
Hi,

Name's Dave. I'm a former kitchen professional that decided he wanted to work to live as opposed to live to work, and so, ended up in corporate food service, as opposed to restaurants. I'm mostly a very avid home cook now, and recently-ish (like a year ago or so) got into Japanese knives.

My current collection includes:

Nigara 210mm SG2 Kurouchi Tsuchime K-tip Gyuto
Yoshikane 210mm Shiro #2 Nashiji Gyuto
Shiro Kamo 165mm AO Super Kurouchi Nakiri

Here to shoot the **** and maybe buy some cool stuff. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Starting with a **** word, I see you know how to engage with the moderation team, lol.

Welcome to the forums

Hi,

Name's Dave. I'm a former kitchen professional that decided he wanted to work to live as opposed to live to work, and so, ended up in corporate food service, as opposed to restaurants. I'm mostly a very avid home cook now, and recently-ish (like a year ago or so) got into Japanese knives.

My current collection includes:

Nigara 210mm SG2 Kurouchi Tsuchime K-tip Gyuto
Yoshikane 210mm Shiro #2 Nashiji Gyuto
Shiro Kamo 165mm AO Super Kurouchi Nakiri

Here to shoot the **** and maybe buy some cool stuff. Looking forward to it.
Welcome, fellow corpo sellout! Get that bag my dude. I traded putting "passion on the plate" for "5 weeks paid and comprehensive medical / dental / vision for $60 a month" and never looked back.

How you like the shiro Yoshi? That's next on my list to buy.

Welcome, fellow corpo sellout! Get that bag my dude. I traded putting "passion on the plate" for "5 weeks paid and comprehensive medical / dental / vision for $60 a month" and never looked back.

How you like the shiro Yoshi? That's next on my list to buy.

Out of the three in my collection, the Yoshi definitely got the biggest “ooo this is nice” out of the box. F+F on it is fantastic, sharp as **** out of the box, feels really light and nimble in use. Only thing I wish is that I’d gotten the 240 instead for the extra height, but whatever, now I have an excuse to buy a different 240.

Back