Hello from Lucerne

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tourim

Reaction score
Grüezi!
For the past week I have been reading up on Japanese carbon knives and finaly board one this week. For me it was important to buy a peace with tradition thus I opted for an "old" knife maker. But let me show you the beauty:

09D4BB78-E313-4F9C-8335-2CFC632BF132.jpegE418D294-C2D8-47D0-B4B6-564013993F0C.jpeg
(Yes, I'm aware that the box is the wrong way around 🙈)

It's a 160 Nakiri made from AS by Katsushige Anryu.
What should I say about it? Well, it does not only cut vegetables but also fingernails.

I'm looking forward to learn from the forum and to talk to like minded people.

Last edited:
Welcome! That's a great start to your journey.
Thank you. I feel very good with my choice. It was important to me to buy something with tradition and I believe with Anryu I got that. Also, I did not want to start with a knife that replace my everyday go to knife but will be used regularly. And the Nakiri hits that sweet spot perfectly. I'm already thinking about the next knife. But I'm not shure which root I want to go... Bunka, Santoku or Gyuto.

But first thinks first. I just start to understand all the "other stuff" that comes with buying such a knife: cutting board, sharpening etc.
Although I think I'll leave the sharpening to a professional at the beginning.

Back