Hello

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mlan

Reaction score
Been a snooper for awhile and decided now is a good time to jump on in. The three makers I have in my collection right now which I'm most proud of is a Hinoura Nakiri, Genkai Yanagiba, and Jin Deba. Although I know this forums has a lot of gyuto fanatics, due to the fact there are a lot of professional chefs here, I am merely a small little home chef with a passion for Japanese steel. However, who knows maybe one day I will catch the bug and end up having 60 240mm gyotos ;) Happy to be here and happy to learn more!

Welcome.

Have no fear. Even the die hards here will agree that more than 50 gyuto is excessive.😎

Welcome.

What do you think of the Genkai yanagiba?

Welcome.

What do you think of the Genkai yanagiba?
I really like it. It honestly probably has the best geometry on it than any other knife I own. The hamaguri bevel on it is impeccable and it has a very nice even grind. Not to mention that it it is a real show stopper. But hey considering how much they cost it is quite hard to think about any negatives haha

I really like it. It honestly probably has the best geometry on it than any other knife I own. The hamaguri bevel on it is impeccable and it has a very nice even grind. Not to mention that it it is a real show stopper. But hey considering how much they cost it is quite hard to think about any negatives haha
That sounds really cool. And no need to worry about the 60 gyutos; since you use single-bevel knives, maybe a true-kiritsuke might be more your speed anyways.

Back