Help ID this Japanese? Grill from Bocuse d' Or

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chips

Reaction score
Several searches have come up bust looking for this specific grill I saw very briefly while watching a video of Bocuse d'Or. Has anyone seen one with this thicker grill surface? I like the flat, sharp, thicker edges it has.

I imagine there's a lot of very expensive "one-off" pieces of equipment made for chefs in this competition, but I'm hoping this isn't one of them. It looks like a Konro, but with a different grate.

Imbedding with the start time lined up isn't working for me. The grill is seen very briefly, starting at minute 9:26

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 7.11.16 AM.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 7.11.16 AM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 7.11.16 AM.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 72
Probably just a konro with custom made grate. You can have a machine shop laser cut you one just like it.

Probably just a konro with custom made grate. You can have a machine shop laser cut you one just like it.

Tempting idea. Also thinking something like a GrillGrates type, chopped to fit.

I didn't think a laser cutter would be able to cut something that straight, thick and precise without being prohibitively expensive.

My guess as well. Sometimes I use my konro without

EDIT
… for skewers

I've used a few Big Green Eggs, but not one of these Konros. How do you like yours? Is the diatomaceous earthen clay somehow better than the ceramic in the kamado style cookers? After seeing how pricy the Konro units are, it kind of opens up the small BGE as a competitor.

Back