Hi everyone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Se1ryu

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new member on KKF and very glad to be here to share and get information about knives, stone and a lot of things. Looking forward to buy, sell and trade with everyone in here and add my knife collection. Cheers 🍺🍺

Welcome!
Where are you from?
What’s your current lineup like?
Welcome to the rabbit hole!
Hi, I'm currently in Indonesia and going to Australia next month.

Currently use this knife for my everyday work:
Older Knives ( this is my oldest knife I bought it 13 years ago and still use it today)

1. Sakai Ichimonji Kichikuni Yanagiba 300mm ebony + blonde horn
2. Kitaoka Damascus sakimaru 240mm ebony with black pakka wood
3. 210 Gyuto shirogami 2 SS cladding with stag horn handle. I forgot the maker, i bought 13 years ago and back in the day I don't have that much knowledge about the maker 😁. I'm looking for a high carbon with stainless cladding and just different kind of handle.
4. Miyabi Morimoto edition 180mm gyuto.
5. Togiharu VG10 Damascus Sujihiki 270mm

Newer knife that I use sometimes:
1. Shigeki Tanaka Ginsan 3 Nashiji Santoku
2. Yu Kurosaki Fujin Damascus VG10 Gyuto 210mm
3. Global chef's knife 24cm (for breaking down salmon/ trout)
4. Global 15cm flexible petty

Stone:
1. King KDS 1000/3000 for my softer steel
2. Mizuyama 1000
3. Suehiro Ouka 3000
4. Naiwa professional stone 3000
5. Kitayama 8000
6. Suisin stone fixer

My first stone is Naniwa super stone grit 1000 and I sold it because I feel the stone was to hard and doesn't cut fast 13 years ago. IDK if I use to softer stone or my sharpening technic is bad back in the day lol. Maybe the stone is load up with steel and that why doesn't cut very good. I didn't know 13 years ago that we have to clean the stone with nagura. Now almost everyone use Naniwa and my self. Bought the pro stone 3000 grit.

Recently bought and never been use:
1. Yu Kurosaki Aogami 2 Mirror Finish Yanagiba 300 with double horn and spacer.
2. Yu Kurosaki Senko SG2 bunka 165 wenge water buffalo horn
3. Takeshi Saji Nickel Damascus Petty 135mm with brown bone handle.
4. Yoshimi Kato Damascus Gyuto ( sold it lol)
5. Suehiro cerax 1000
6. Just bought a Atoma 120 recommendations from KKF thread :)
7. Looking for some finishing stone grit 8000 and above and natural powder stone for Polishing.

How about you??

Last edited:
Do anyone know the maker of the Gyuto with stag horn handle in the picture?
IMG-20190720-WA0003.jpg
1655443886874.jpg

Last edited:
Not close enough a view to read the kanji, but I'm guessing it's a custom Ashi Ginga.
Maybe, I bought it 13 years ago from BlueWayJapan and he sell a lot of Ashi Hamono knives. Thank you @Qapla' . Now I need to look closer and see if it's matching the kanji on ashi's knife.
I try to take a picture closer to the kanji next time.

Maybe, I bought it 13 years ago from BlueWayJapan and he sell a lot of Ashi Hamono knives. Thank you @Qapla' . Now I need to look closer and see if it's matching the kanji on ashi's knife.
I try to take a picture closer to the kanji next time.
What do you think of it in use?

What do you think of it in use?
The blade is sharp and back then 13 years ago I didn't see many high carbon knife with stainless cladding. A lot of them are mono steel. But since it has a western type handle, the knife is heavy and the handle is little bit uncomfortable for commercial use (8-10 hours a day use).
So I just use it couple of time and store it in my knife storage.

if you see the edge of the blade is a little uneven it's because I haven't sharpen it since 10 years ago. Back in the day my sharpening technic is still beginner 😅

I gave it to my brother.

Back