Hi from Germany

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I been a long time silent reader and still am for the most part but I wanted to join in on the forum as I am a becoming knife and stone addict and needed like-minded people around me. GF and daughter just do not understand why one needs so many knives and stones well and a lot of other things but I better not talk about those in case she ever reads this post.

Is this the part where I tell people that I like long walks on the beach and stuff?? Just kidding

Last edited:
Welcome.

Re: GF. Does she have more than one purse?

Sadly no.. I got one of the good ones that doesn't get all girl'd up with all the purses and stuff, she does own about a trillion books though so I just buy her more of those so she doesn't notice all the things I order. But the good thing is she really does allow me to do what I want. Sometimes I do get the odd eye rolling when I tell her I "accidentally" ordered something.

Well since I don't have many yet I would say at the moment it is my takamura r2 as it brought me to this forum. But I am looking for a wat pro 180mm nakiri and maybe that will replace it as my favorite.
I have a takamura 180 r2 santoku. Fun knife, for sure.

I do have a wat pro 165 nakiri and a 240 gyuto from him as well. If you don't mind the weight(definitely heavier than takamura) the cutting feel is fantastic.

I have the 210 gyuto, love the knife, wish the handle was a bit larger though and I really don't have big hands.

I will have to see if one ever pops up for sale and then I can judge the weight, they are beautiful though. Just like Kisukes stuff, really like his finish but I really think a 180 would better fit me.

I have the 210 gyuto, love the knife, wish the handle was a bit larger though and I really don't have big hands.

I will have to see if one ever pops up for sale and then I can judge the weight, they are beautiful though. Just like Kisukes stuff, really like his finish but I really think a 180 would better fit me.
welcome.

kisuke is boring, get the wat pro

they're popular knives, and a few crop up on BST from time to time
you're in the right place friend

Latest posts

Back