Hi from Oakland

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm Andrew, I'm an Australian living in the Bay Area. I've read the forums a bit over the last year but finally bit the bullet and decided to join. To be honest part of the reason for not joining is that I was scared for my wallet. I only started collecting knives seriously mid last year and have knives by Dale Miller, Vachon and Oblivion Blades. My first knife was a Shun Ken Onion (and to tell you the truth I still really like it) and my other work horse is a knife I picked up in Japan in 2014 that I love and would be grateful if someone could identify who made it.

I recently bought my first espresso machine (a Decent) so that has put the kybosh on spending more money on knives for a little bit.

After your first post is approved the software will promote you shortly after (usually within an hour or so). After that is done you will be able to send and receive PMs.

Welcome. Isn't Bernal Cutlery in the Bay Area? They do a lot of old stock stuff so they might be able to help ID your knife.

Also, there's folks here who are great with Kanji so it is worth posting.

Back