Hi, i'm Adrian

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adicrst

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I'm Adrian and i'm new in the knives and sharpening "business" :laugh:
I'm an amateur who likes to cook, so not a professional.

I recently purchased a Tanaka Gyutou 210mm blue damascus steel #2
I was amazed how awesome and easy it is to cut with this Japanese knives. This experience is at a whole new level and i'm considering to expend my knives collection.

After one day out of the box, some rust stains appeared on my Tanaka knife. I did some research and saw that you need to take better care of japanese knives then european knifes. So i removed the rust with vinegar.

So I was thinking of a good Sujihiki knife and maybe you guys can help me decide. I saw that miyabi knives are also great, but do they also rust ?
can you guys give me some Sujihiki ( 17-21 cm) suggestions ?

thanks in advance!

It's not all Japanese knives that rust easily if not cared for. Mostly just carbon blades in particular.

How much $ you got?

Welcome to the forum! For 150-200 probably you can consider the Carbonext, although they only have it at 240mm

Welcome.

Your decision to join KKF may prove expensive. It certainly has for me!

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain

Back