• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hiroo Itou R2 Damascus 240mm gyuto with Cody Paul Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks. Try as I might to want to love this knife, I just can't get used to the lower heel than most of my other knives of a similar size. This is a catch and release for me. I bought it from this thread, and have my own specs as I measured them below. Also, adding my own pictures. Nothing has changed except a few uses since I got it. I'll put an edge on it before it goes out the door.
R2 PM damascusIronwood western/matching saya by Cody Paul247 grams52mm at heel240mm blade373mm OAL

As noted, the saya is a custom from Cody Paul in ironwood and is gorgeous like all of his work. Really quite a nice knife and nice grind, nice curves on the handle, and tapered tang for a nice balance to the package.

Asking $775 delivered CONUS or International - I'll eat additional shipping if it goes overseas, you have to wait to get it. :)

IMG_4260.jpg
IMG_4261.jpg
IMG_4262.jpg
IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4264.jpg
IMG_4265.jpg
IMG_4266.jpg
IMG_4267.jpg
IMG_4270.jpg

Attachments

• hiroitou240.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 9
I've got an Itou Santoku 19 cm Damaskus R2 with orange cow bone handle (typical Itou thing) that I bought back in 2010 for $400. Extremely well made knife that I love working with.

Yours is a beauty as well - goes very well with that elegant saya.

GLWS!

I've always wanted to try one of these...

Nice score by the new owner.

Back