• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD PRICE DROP Hitohira Hinode 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModRQC

Just shutup n' grabbit!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
This:
Hitohira Hinode Kurouchi White #2 Stainless Clad Gyuto 240mm Ho Wood Handle (Octagonal)

243/50 209g stainless clad – some home use – never sharpened – with original box. I don’t know how Hitohira take thickness measurements but this one is 4.8mm out of handle and 3.7mm above heel. Theirs would correspond better with mid-blade.

Unit was cherry picked and we have a superb choil shot with none of the frequent wonkies:

Choil1.jpg

IMG_8684.jpg
IMG_8681.jpg
IMG_8682.jpg

Of course SS cladding does the big job, but neatly behaved White #2 altogether for 2-3 preps with onions garlic peppers raw bacon and what not.

325 299 275 225$ USD shipped & insured Canada/CONUS. International let’s talk.

Open for trades - please PM your offer.

Last edited:
If someone thinks this offer isn't good enough come see me in PM - we never know once I can calculate an exact shipping quote.

I'd sure like to see it move now that I've been foolish. Not your problem of course, but great knife in a perfect F&F state here! Will upload some pictures tonight of how it looks actually - but there's barely a patina on the core. Sharp as hell OOTB, too.

If someone thinks this offer isn't good enough come see me in PM

😨 somehow I find this threatening, like I'm going to get beaten up after class if I PM you

@ModRQC 's a good guy, good seller - GLWS (he wouldn't beat you up, maybe just me cuz I beat him in rock paper scissors a few BST posts ago)

Last edited:
Actual pics update. Price drop since quite a few views gathered no PM - there is desire, but price is not right it seems. I think it is now more "psychologically" adapted.

Also reopened for trades at large - never know what might come up.

Ok giving this a rest now. Look elsewhere, buy this one! ;)

Superb blade here, performs really well. I’m enjoying the time it’s sticking around. White #2 loveliest to date with this one - blows Tanaka iteration I had out the water. Suspecting HT @ 64HRC. Would need to hit the stones to see if I keep with that suspicion.

Damn I really dont need this, but at this price... glws, this should be gone fast

Back