• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hitohira Tanaka x Kyuzo KU 270mm Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Description
Catch and release. Second owner. Thought I wanted a 270mm suji but I think I might go for 240mm if I get one at all. This one, however, is SOLID. So good for anyone looking for a Sakai suji.

https://strataportland.com/products...kurouchi-270mm-sujihiki-yakusugi-cedar-handle

Dimensions:
Edge Length - 259mm
Height at heel - 37-38mm
Weight - 5.93 oz / 168 g

What's included
Hitohira suji
Original box

Price
$325 shipped to USA. International buyers pay actual shipping minus $15. Price includes PP fees.

Photos

PXL_20240415_194553809.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20240415_194620730~2.jpg

PXL_20240415_195122920~2.jpg

Last edited:
My recent purchase of a De Buyer Mineral B Pro carbon steel pan was met with initial skepticism and a "Why do we need that?" When I told her the pan could be as non stick as teflon but last forever she was incredulous. When I told her the B in the name stands for "Bee" and that the pan is initially coated in beeswax (apparently from hives they have on site?) to protect it from corrosion prior to being seasoned she changed her tune with a "You should have led with that!" :LOL::angiefavorite:
1713571788794.png

Welp...you've said the magic words. I have been looking for an aogami 270mm suji for some time. My wife, being a bee keeper will have less bad things to say about my purchase when I tell her it has honey comb in the handle. (plus I think it looks cool)

Sending PM
To clarify, it's probably not honeycomb from a bee. That would make a terrible handle. More likely some type of material in the shape of a honeycomb.

Welp...you've said the magic words. I have been looking for an aogami 270mm suji for some time. My wife, being a bee keeper will have less bad things to say about my purchase when I tell her it has honey comb in the handle. (plus I think it looks cool)

Sending PM
Thanks for removing the temptation

It's a metallic honeycomb tall mesh dipped in colored epoxy resin and finished. There have been tons of videos on YT how to make them (dragon scales etc) and in my early knife journey days they looked super cool to me but I lost interest later on diving into Japanese wood and western wood. Nowadays I don't even want a horn ferrule or so lol. Gimme a good octagonal piece of wood and I'm ok with it!

It's a metallic honeycomb tall mesh dipped in colored epoxy resin and finished. There have been tons of videos on YT how to make them (dragon scales etc) and in my early knife journey days they looked super cool to me but I lost interest later on diving into Japanese wood and western wood. Nowadays I don't even want a horn ferrule or so lol. Gimme a good octagonal piece of wood and I'm ok with it!
Yeah, some quick googling led me to that conclusion as well. Aluminum honeycomb shaped mesh.
1713574400200.png

Latest posts

Back