holy $$$$! Le Creuset!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brexit products are Le Creuset style clones--made by Staub. They have lighter lids than Staub--and multi-shading techniques like those used on Le Creusert. The quality is comparable to Le Creuset. They sometimes are accidentally sold as Le Creuset by sellers on EBAY. The ones I purchased are a light yellow color--several sizes.

Brexit products are Le Creuset style clones--made by Staub. They have lighter lids than Staub--and multi-shading techniques like those used on Le Creusert. The quality is comparable to Le Creuset. They sometimes are accidentally sold as Le Creuset by sellers on EBAY. The ones I purchased are a light yellow color--several sizes.
Do you have any examples? Never heard of these.

Another one I left out; Le Creuset also has a 'budget' line, the Faitout series. They come with enamelled carbon steel lids and only in a few colors. They're mostly sold in restaurant supply stores here, so I'd assume they're not junk. There's one catch though: while they are significantly cheaper they are also less tall, so you get less volume for a given diameter.

If you want to collect Le Creuset and Staub aren't the only French brands. There's also Fontignac and Chasseur.
Then there's of course the million other non-French brands, and all the enamelled carbon steel...though the latter are less interesting since usually the carbon steel is quite thin, which is quite noticable in the abysmal thermal performance.

Never heard of Brexit pans, I thought they had gone back to eating rocks and dirt since leaving the EU. Something to do with 'regaining autonomy and seperating from those filthy french and their culinary traditions'....
There are many non French ECI manufacturers--and not just OEM Chinese--locally marketed, and not highly advertised. Mixed quality. The enameled steel by a Danish designer called Kobenstyle--with flashy primary colors--keeps getting sold and resold by collectors and sometimes reproduced. Le Creuset uses enameled steel in teapots and large containers.

Do you have any examples? Never heard of these.

Another one I left out; Le Creuset also has a 'budget' line, the Faitout series. They come with enamelled carbon steel lids and only in a few colors. They're mostly sold in restaurant supply stores here, so I'd assume they're not junk. There's one catch though: while they are significantly cheaper they are also less tall, so you get less volume for a given diameter.

Chasseur products are directly competitive with the best Le Creuset, aren't directly marketed at all in the USA--but seem to be doing well in Australia. There is an extremely expensive product line from Japan that markets an entire cooking system. Both of these product lines are high quality.

I believe Brexit, Fontignac, and at least one other "name" are all OEM brands made by Staub before it was bought by Zwilling/Henckels. They were featured in telethon style promotions that were followed up online. They are high quality. Lodge features a captive Chinese line of ECI along with non ECI American made designs. The ECI product line is supported. They are relatively inexpensive. Cheaper Lodge clones have appeared with other names--without Lodge support.

Aldi grocery stores have sold extremely inexpensive ECI products. Tramontina has several lines and also has OEM lines sold at big box stores--all made in China. None very good--but very popular.

ECI must be relatively easy to manufacture because there are many smaller suppliers I've found--even excluding the Chinese--at all price points.

Back