• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Hopwood Goods 295x58mm San Mai Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDX-Home-Chef

Banned
Reaction score
This is a bit of a catch and release here as I've wanted to try a longer blade for quite some time, but I think 250-270 is my sweet spot.

This is an absolute beast of a knife though that has as good of a grind as any knife I've ever used. It is a workhorse with a heavy distal taper, impressively thin at the tip.

There is some patina from trying the blade out on some onions. Otherwise, it is practically new.

Specs:
Blade Material: 1.2419.05 core with mild cladding
Blade Finish: San Mai Kasumi
Handle Material: Curly Birch and Damascus Bolster
Blade Dimensions: 295x58mm
Spine Thickness at Heel: 5.5mm
Weight: 307g

I paid $700, I am asking for $575 650, FedEx signature confirmed and fully insured shipping included.

Last edited:
These specs are certainly talking to me right now. Tbh, never heard of this maker. Pretty intriguing…
I am the buyer of the other Hopwood goods gyuto from this great seller
the finishes are excellent and constant throughout the whole blade and handle. It's not like the best finish, but up there IMO, and the behind-the-edge is thin, but thick grind kicks in, giving a good food release and cutting feel at the same time. I personally also love the profile too!

PS Best transaction I had in this forum was from this seller! really thoughtful and caring

Last edited:
Back