How many knives do you have?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's simply practical!
I have a spreadsheet too. It helps lol.
That's a nice distribution of knives. Ok, which are your top 3?

And edit (I should be on topic): I am at 27ish right now. My plan is to get a couple more makers and then do a battle royale and whittle it down to 10ish or at least half it. I like having the collection but it's time consuming managing all of that effectively and I don't want my things owning me.

I have a spreadsheet too. It helps lol.
That's a nice distribution of knives. Ok, which are your top 3?

And edit (I should be on topic): I am at 27ish right now. My plan is to get a couple more makers and then do a battle royale and whittle it down to 10ish or at least half it. I like having the collection but it's time consuming managing all of that effectively and I don't want my things owning me.
Newham 390mm Rainbow Suji
MSicard 240mm Magnacut Gyuto
Gesshin Ginga 270mm White#2 Gyuto

Just got the damasteel Newham so I haven't cut with it yet. Probably my favorite in looks but I can't say it's a fave yet without cutting.

This spreadsheet talk made me realize I forgot to add my most recent purchase to my spreadsheet. Added it in and realized that it pushed total cost over $10,000 for the first time. Do I win a prize? I mean it is spread over 43 knives...
It means you should add your collection to your home owner’s insurance policy lol.

B790982B-647A-4319-A391-2B7AF11BD747.jpeg

That Takada collection is crazy. Six? Care for a list?
Thank you.

Yes 6 and 1 more incoming January hopefully depending on Takada San and his workload. Will post details soon just at work.
Cheers

That Takada collection is crazy. Six? Care for a list?
210 Suiboku Damascus Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle

210 Suiboku Damascus Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle(yes I have 2 of the same knives)

240 Suiboku Damascus Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle

240 Suiboku Blue 1 Gyuto Rosewood handle

255 Suiboku Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle

270 HH White 2 Sujihiki Rosewood handle

210 Suiboku Damascus Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle

210 Suiboku Damascus Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle(yes I have 2 of the same knives)

240 Suiboku Damascus Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle

240 Suiboku Blue 1 Gyuto Rosewood handle

255 Suiboku Blue 1 Gyuto Ebony handle

270 HH White 2 Sujihiki Rosewood handle
Thanks! Great collection! I want to grow mine but Takada-san is swamped. Maybe in a year or so. 🙏🏼

Last edited:
Back