How old are you guys?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42 in America, Vietnamese 44 because you are a year old when you are born and you get a year on New Years day and the day I was born fell on New Years day, small village mentality. 8 after I died that first time and came back in 2007. 4 after I died again in 2012 and 3.9 years when I died the third time and 1.4 the forth and final time. so, I'm just a baby.

I'm surprised looking through this.

A lot of you guys who I thought were old men are about half the age I had you pegged as, and there's also a lot of guys who are 3x as old as I expected!

66 got into Japanese carbons for work at age 32. Installed a Revo short shifter assembly and a spoon exaust on my Honda. You can hear the Vtec engine going through the 5 speed stick shift. My better half called me a punk kid senior.

Yeh music threads can tell my age. Never could get behind Hip Hop. I do like diff. kinds of music. Anyone see tribute to David Bowie by Lady Gaga on music awards. Best part of the show I thought. That gal brings it no matter what kind of music. Very versatile. Not just because he is from Hawaii but think Bruno Marrs is another talent he was writing songs for other singers before he broke out on his own into the world of Pop Funk.

543121-5-hands-with-1-to-5-fingers-Stock-Vector.jpg
This many

wait..nobody said anything about having to do math.

i'm on the edge of 50. (49)

time to put my doctor's phone number on my ignore list.

I'm surprised looking through this.

A lot of you guys who I thought were old men are about half the age I had you pegged as, and there's also a lot of guys who are 3x as old as I expected!

I always thought with the amount of money everyone spent on knives everyone would be a lot older

This thread is a waste of time. It'll all change within less than a year.

The funny thing is people seem so believable. I basically trust it all, kind of like most BST posts. Kudos! Age has to be something people will most often want to fib about, but maybe not here.

Me, for the record I'm now a few years younger than I hinted at before. Life is like that, you see. Things go both ways. I've decided to reduce.

I really dig your style! I will definitely find a reason to show up at the next knife gathering in your local ... and bring some unique wine - I have a great buddy (Croatian/Exec Chef/Owner whom I bought his 1st J-Knife that has access to amazing "orange" whites that are kinda mind blowing ... very, very unique on the palate ...

Just need some time to figure it out ... but would be awesome ...

fcuk you.

Based on all the young'ins here, I'm guessing the pro cooks give up the lifestyle by 35-ish, and there just aren't many older home cooks that get into quality knives.

There's some truth to this. If done right, it's a life-consuming career. My end came prematurely as opening a restaurant and being newly married are, unless your partner is in the same restaurant as you, mutually exclusive.

Latest posts

Back