• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Hyde Handmade and C. Anderson

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
Letting go of several knives. Reducing collection down to just a "Handful".

Hyde Handmade:
Steel- 26c3 spicy white
Handle- I should know this, but what I do know is the stacked birch spacer.
230mm x 55mm
212g
$520

Picked this up from Henry in person. He was showing some of his current work and this one really stood out. Couldn't put it back down, so it came home with me.
Lightly polished and etched to reveal some beautiful banding. Stropped on JKI 6k diamond after polishing. This thing really sings. Received this and a Yanick on the same day. Sold the yanick the next day.

20230611_090921.jpg
20230611_090845.jpg

Cris Anderson gyuto:
W2 Honyaki
Ironwood handle with stainless and copper
230 x 55 mm
230g

This was a custom piece from Cris. Wicked distal taper, spine is 5mm to paper thin. Bit of a workhorse grind in the heel section, very nimble towards the tip. This knife is used, but in excellent condition. That said, still pricing it with big discount
$600

20230611_091108.jpg
20230611_091127.jpg

I've yet to try a Yanick, but I can confirm that Henry Hyde makes some of the best knives around. Also a fantastic guy to talk to and always willing to try help answer any questions.

GLWS. If I didn't have 2 Hydes already, I'd feel obligated to snag this one.

My inbox kind of blew up for both of these. Trying to get back to everyone. Sorry for the delay!

Phew. Thank god they're sold—the Hyde was giving me and my wallet cold sweats, gorgeous knife.

Back